Introduction - New to MFP

Options
Another holiday season. Another Christmas not having my picture taken with the kids.

I create photobooks each year for the kids and grandparents. Each year, there are less and less photos of me with my husband and the kids. I'm typically behind the camera, but I also hide from the camera.

I'm 46 years old, and am the Mom of a 7 year old (soon to be 8) and 4 1/2 year old. I also work full time from home...on the computer all day.

I've always had a difficult time keeping my weight down. I'm only 4'11", so every pound adds up. But, I've always been pretty good about managing it. Even after I had my 7 year old, I got down to my pre-baby weight pretty quickly. However, at that point, I still was 25 pounds heavier than I should have been.

8 years and the adoption of another little one, and my weight has creeped up to my highest at pregnancy. YIKES. I'm not comfortable, and I think about it all the time.

So, here we go again.

I want to be healthy, happy, and able to smile big any time a camera is pulled out. I want my kids to have photo memories of me enjoying life with them.

Replies

• timetoletgo
    timetoletgo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    one thing that will really help you is if you stop avoiding the camera.

i used to do that too.

i realized recently that i was only hiding from reality.

get your picture taken, be accountable for the choices you make.

it will do wonders for your self esteem and then things will begin to change for you!

best of luck,

kari
  • fionadasein
    fionadasein Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    How wonderful that you keep coming back to your goal of being healthy and happy. Who cares about pics? Life is short, live it to the fullest while you can! Congrats on all your blessings and take care of yourself for you and them, not just them, or it will be unsustainable. What are other nice things you can do for yourself too while improving your nutrition and fitness? They'll help take the place of food and get you feeling your most vibrant!

Good luck! Or more aptly, good choices! :)