Not Happy

Options
I'm not happy doing this. I'm not saying I want to go binge on food to "make" myself feel better. But I feel hungry all the time and it's just making me cranky. And if I go over my calories, I feel like, "Great, now I have to go exercise. And I'm still freaking hungry." And I feel like I'm making such great choices. Protein up the wazzo between egg whites and greek yogurt. And I'm "going over" with fruits and veggies. I'm drinking water, taking my vitamins. I'm just feeling blah about all of this and just want to eat until I'm full!

Disclaimer - It's only been 1 week. And I've done this before in 2008 start weight WAS 250 and I got down to 170 and maintained 180 until my baby was born in 2011. Now I'm starting at 203.

Just wanted to say it. One day at a time, lets hope tomorrow I'm feeling more up beat.

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating? You said you feel hungry all the time so maybe you're not eating enough.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I think we all have bad days. Or better yet bad "moments" or moods when doing ANYTHING structured. Jobs, sports, diets, even hobbies can get frustrating. Just consider it a short lived mood, and that it goes along with anything so you can give it less power and it's proper perspective. Try looking up some mood lifting suggestions online and then write them on a business card, or click a pic of them as your phone display picture just to give you some ideas right when you need them how to lift your mood before it affects your performance. Hope this helps.
  • floridagirl7264
    floridagirl7264 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm hungry too. AND I am eating plenty of calories. Usually I can fight it off, but last night I was just hungry. I ate fruits, raisins, yogurt and everything that was healthy and drinking tons of water but I was still hungry. I finally fixed myself a bowl of cereal with FF milk. It satisfied me until bed. Next time I know to go to the cereal. I don't really want the junk food anymore. I think that the last binge of junk food I had was enough to stop me from doing it again. I actually want to eat stuff that's better for me. Give it some time. You'll have hungry days and not so hungry days. It's what we do with them that really counts.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I remember being pretty miserable the first week, but it does get better. Don't give up.
  • Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Try keeping yourself busy, or exercising more. I find any distraction helps
  • zilliegirl
    zilliegirl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a good day either I just want it to come off faster for all that i am putting myself through, we must stay positive!!!
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Try changing the kinds of food that you are eating, eat things that are not so calorie dense. You can eat 4 ounces of chicken breast, half a cup of brown rice and be FULL. add in a huge greeen salad and you are set. minimal calories for a full tummy!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    If you're up for it, open up your diary so people can view and give suggestions on more filling foods. Hope it gets better for you.
  • kija7
    kija7 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm following what fitness pal suggested which is 1200 cal. I'll open up my diary. Let me just figure out how. I have a family of 5, and DH is in charge of dinner, so I don't really get to choose, not that's its not healthy, but it may not be my most filling meal.
  • dbarrett30
    Options
    Hi. Do you have a specific nutritional plan that you're following? What kind of exercise regimen are you following?
    It may be that you need a more specific plan, one targeting your own metabolism a bit more. (It's even possible that you're eating too few calories.) Do you know if you're sensitive to gluten, sugar, etc? You may just need to make small changes. For me, it was carb intake. Once I limited all of my carbs and kept most at veggies (not fruit, starch, sugars, grains), I found the weight started coming off. Just a thought.

The other piece? Stress. It can also thwart weight loss even when you're eating right.
    Ultimately, it can be something very simple that's hindering you. Try to stay positive. This isn't easy and getting frustrated is part of the struggle. Keep your chin up! :-)

Feel free to add me if you need support.
  • kija7
    kija7 Posts: 4
    Options
    Thanks. I'm not frustrated with not losing weight. I am losing weight. I'm just tired of being hungry.
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I was miserable and hungry ay 1200 calories, and then would feel guilty and defeated when I inevitably went over. I'd recommend increasing your calories. You should not be hungry.