Hello

Options
:happy:

I am new here. I have always had a struggle with weight. I use to weigh 380 and dropped to 180....fast forward 8 years later and I am now 270. When they say maintenace is harder then losing, that is the truth.

So now I am in my mid 30's and realizing it is MUCH harder then it was in my 20's. Hoping to find some encouragement and help here. Yes I am a 2X revolutionist so please be kind lol!!

Replies

• slsteve1
    Options
    Hi tillylace610. I'm new here as well. Although I have to admit you've had more of a hill to climb than I have, I think it's all relative. I've stuggled with the same 20 pounds for most of my adult life and though it doesn't sound like much, it's a lot to me. It's the difference between 1-2 clothing sizes and feeling my best. I'll lose it and gain it and lose it, etc. And if you think it's hard in your 30s, try your 40s! :smile: At this point in my life, I'm not striving to look like a model. I just want to maintain a healthy body and mind. I think one of the hardest parts of weight loss is looking at ourselves and finding what we love about ourselves. It's hard to move forward with a positive attitude without being able to do that. With age comes wisdom and I have learned to love who I am. Losing the weight would only provide me with a platform to continue loving who I am for many years to come. So, this tool is my friend. It's helping me keep track of what I'm doing to my temple and making me realize how I was only fooling myself with some of the choices I made. I hope that you make friends here who can help you with your journey to a new lifestyle (as opposed to dieting). Good luck!