Dance Central!

Options
If you have an Xbox and Kinect, I highly recommend picking up the most recent iteration of Dance Central. DC3 has taken the calorie burned tracking and fitness features to a great level, and you can track your weekly progress and even do one of a huge list of workout sets (that range in intensity and length, one song into another). They've added a BEGINNER level, so even if you consider yourself a bad dancer, you can play the game and get a FULL body workout. My arms aren't very strong so usually my shoulders get tired from all of the movement.

> 600calories burned in short sessions over the course of a week + strength + stamina = my new go to for workout and fun at the same time.

Anyone else play Kinect dance games to get moving and burn calories? Does anyone play the Just Dance series? I've been a fan of Dance Central since the beginning, but I've been thinking of branching out.

Let me know if you have questions! ;)

Replies

• skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You need to buy Nike+ Kinect training.

Holy hell

That's the only way to describe it.
  • K0h4ku
    K0h4ku Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Oh, I have it! I've done one cardio and one strength workout and yeah... holy hell. It's NOT quite the fun workout as DC, but I've taken to dancing as my warmup. Pure and simple, the other one is when I want to kick my own *kitten* and workout... not just have fun and burn cals. >.<

BUT YES! I second the Nike + as the hands down best workout software available right now, imo.
  • leenie96
    Options
    What is Nike + like? I have Dance Central 1 and I love it! Such a great way to burn some calories when I don't have time to head over to the gym for a full work out.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Leenie look up nike+ kinect training. They have videos. I bought it thinking it would be a fun easier activity to keep me motivated on my gym off days.... WRONG. It is like having a personal trainer in your home. If you can't afford the gym this would be a perfect program. I am on my 5th workout with it today. It started off holding me in plank position for 30 seconds and has already bumped me to 40. I normally go three times through (about 45 minutes) but boy does it get you sweating with just the warm up.

All I am saying is if you use it on carpet, get a yoga mat. I got mad rug burn on both of my elbows the first time. Damn plank to push up position!
  • K0h4ku
    Options
    Yeah, I agree that Nike+ is really intense. It's fantastic for a good workout in your living room. If you love Dance Central 1, though, I would still stick to my OP. The new game is LEAPS and BOUNDS over the first one - especially in the fitness features.
  • imaburnin
    Options
    Thanks for the post OP, I was wondering about Dance Central 3. I have 2 and use it to supplement my cardio. I don't know if I'm ready to kill myself with Nike+, but I'll get there!!
  • Yasmine91
    Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Dance Central is BEAST! I love it!
  • JustBeingCC
    Options
    Yes Please Try the Nike Train.. Its awesome, my muscles are still sore , then off to zumba rush on kinect
  • K0h4ku
    Options
    Yes Please Try the Nike Train.. Its awesome, my muscles are still sore , then off to zumba rush on kinect

Do you also play Dance Central? I've never tried Zumba. Do you like it for the exercise, or is it also really fun like DC?
  • Jory2pointOh
    Options
    I just bought Just Dance 4 two days ago and played it last night. It was awesome and great songs. It'd be cool if others could log online and we could all play together, though.. kinda like online poker or something lol
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Love Dance Central, I want the newest version, my b-day is coming up, so I may ask for this as a gift.
  • GallyX0
    GallyX0 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    big fan of the DC series of games. My brother uses all of the Kinect fitness games (your shape, UFC trainer, etc.) and he also thinks they're a nice way to spice up a routine, as long as you can get some strength training in as well.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I tried the Nike + Kinect trainer. Brought it a week ago, and couldn't do all of it-I live on the 3rd floor and was trying to move lightly I think it is great definitely worth the investment. But I think I will be passing it on to my 30 year old neice.
    Love the Your Shape, Dance Central. ALso have done the Zumba and Biggest Loser on Kinect. Great for variation and on those days I just don't want to go out. I have had the Kinect for 2 years, but just really getting into using it now.
  • TheKeithEllis
    TheKeithEllis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central 2, it's awesome, but getting the wife away from crappy television for 5 minutes is problematic! ;)
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    We have one of the dance centrals... not sure which one and I haven't tried to workout piece. I just bought Zumba rush and like that.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You need to buy Nike+ Kinect training.

Holy hell

That's the only way to describe it.

Agreed!
  • kelbax22
    kelbax22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I have Dance Central on Kinect, love it! Also have Zumba, it is a great game and an awesome workout!! Def sweat!!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I've recently asked for Kinect game recommendations! This thread is great! Thanks!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Dance Games. I have all the Dance Centrals, all the Just Dances (for the Kinect), the Hip Hop Experience, Country Dancing, Grease, and a few others. I love Dance Central and all the different levels. I can choose the Beginner or Easy options if I want a light workout and the harder options for a harder workout. Just Dance series kicks my @ss!! But so much fun! And they have an endless shuffle option where it just keeps playing songs back to back until you tell it to stop, which makes it great for a workout!
  • K0h4ku
    Options
    ... Just Dance series kicks my @ss!! But so much fun! And they have an endless shuffle option where it just keeps playing songs back to back until you tell it to stop, which makes it great for a workout!

Thanks for the info! Do any of the other games have specific fitness features like Dance Central? If so, how do they compare? Specifically, I'm interested in Just Dance, because that endless mode seems cool!