weight loss supplements/drinks???

Options
So i just started this whole weight loss program and i love this site!! Everyone is so nice and encouraging!
Anywhoo.. i've been eyeballing those weightloss drinks and pills that they have like a wal-mart and other drugstores... does anyone use any of these or have any suggestions on which ones work or to try?

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    if any of those things worked, there would be no fat people.

Save your money.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    :laugh: haha i guess thats the logical answer thankz!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    If the pills and drinks worked this site, along with all the other weight loss sites around wouldn't exist as there would be no overweight people.

Take the money you would spend on those pills or drinks and buy something fitness related. Stock up on good foods or buy a workout DVD or something like that.

Sure the claims on the pills and drinks seem great but if they worked none of us would be here.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    i was leaning toward taking them before excersice and along with eating right just wanted to know if they sped up weight loss or with appitite controll?
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    None of the options on the market have been proven to do anything for weight loss.

If you look at the fine print it says to combine with diet and exercise... the average weight loss for one well known brand was only 4lb over an 8 week period.

If you want to speed up fat loss, lift heavy weights and eat at a small deficit/no deficit in order to build muscle. If you want to control your appetite eat enough protein and fibre and drink lots of water.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    thanks a bunch for the advice!! lol you all just saved me a bunch of money im a sucker for that kinda stuff haha:blushing: