A little bummed.

Options
I weighed in last night and had only lost 1.5 lbs. this week. I know that I should be proud and blah blah blah...BUT I have totally changed my life and it seems like there should be a little bigger difference. I am going to the gym at least once but sometimes twice per day. I have cut my calorie intake almost in half ( From what I had been eating before). I found that I have an addiction to food so eating less has been the hardest thing I have ever done. The only thing that has kept me going the past couple of weeks was KNOWING that scale was going to be a lot less... and it wasnt. Im not going to stop but I just need to know any ideas that you guys may have for pushing through. Should I try and work harder? Was there something you did that made the scale tip in your favor? I know I should be excited but for some reason, I just am not! BLAH!

Rach

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    The most important question is, do you feel better?! Thats what really matter and don't worry it will move more if you stick with it... make sure you are eating enough too :smile:

~Leash :heart:
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    My advise is to actually be happy with the 1 1/2 lbs. It is a good, healthy, managable amount of weight to lose in a week. Losing weight is a slow process, so be patient. I don't know how much you were expecting to lose, but 1 1/2 lbs is awesome!!!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I was at the exact same place as you 9 days ago. I sort of crashed when I didn't have the results I wanted. I normally see huge results when I begin a new plan and my results seemed slower this time. I received some great advice, and one is to keep my expectations in check. After 3 weeks (sometimes more, sometimes less) our body will maintain a bit, as it will be cautious that you are for sure going to be sticking to this new plan. I don't have the link off hand but there is a great post about expectations floating around... It helped me understand why my loss slowed. Also I need to remember I am new to exercising this hard and that i am building muscle. I am keeping track of inches too and that helps make me feel better. Just keep at it! I keep reminding myself that its coming off faster than i put it on and that slow progress means PERMANENT changes!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    1.5 lbs is excellent weight loss. To successfully lose weight you should use lose 1 -2 lbs per week. Anything more is unrealistic. Set mini goals for yourself like working out 4-5 days if you are not doing that. Don't look at the how many lbs. you've lost in a week look at the fact that you lost something. Feel great with accomplishing something that week.

100892.png

Good Luck! :smile:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Sound a lot like what I've been going through. I've been busting my butt for the past 2.5 weeks, cardio 6-7 days/week, strength training 2days / week, totally cut my calories, and have not been able to tip the scale! My trainer says it is because I am adding so much lean muscle mass on to myself right now that it is counterbalancing the fat weight lost. We are going to take measurements again after 4 weeks and that will be more accurate. I would encourage you to do the same. Measurements can't be mistaken.
  • rach89652
    rach89652 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I am going to push through even if it is super hard!

Hope you guys have a good rest-of-the-week! ;)
  • suejonestx
    suejonestx Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hi. Great job on the 1-1/2 pounds! My advice is to try to think of the big picture. 1-1/2 pounds a week equates to 6-8 pounds per month, which add up quickly to ~20 pounds in just a few months! That's the size of a one-year old child, a car tire, a really fat cat, 4 laptop computers. Just know that your weekly drops in the bucket eventually add up to the whole barrel of water! My husband gave me some good advice when he said "the time will go by either way, so you might as well take advantage of it" I hope this helps.....
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I love those analogies!!!! I will remember this as well!:happy:
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    Mrssuejones,

Love this!! You just made my whole day better and I wasn't even the one who posted "bummed" ! THANKS
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Those are awesome things to compare weight too. Really fat cat LOL
  • KT923
    KT923 Posts: 3
    Options
    wow...you are seriously getting lots of great support on here and I'm so excited for you!! The scale DID tip in your favor, just not as much as you were expecting - which is understandable for your disappointment - BUT - it did still tip in your favor. So I guess the lesson here is to remove our expectations and to appreciate and acknowledge the hard work you have done and the progress you HAVE made and will continue to experience as long as you don't give up. And you seriously can not give up - because I'm really counting on you!!! you are beautiful inside throughout and this process will only make you shine brighter (if that's even possible) ;)