1 month hardcore prep for instructor training?

Options
Hi there, I have a strange question... I started on MFP last year and lost over 30lbs but fell off the wagon when I messed up my knee and got pneumonia back to back... needless to say I have been a sloth again since then... BUT I had decided to start fresh for the new year and yesterday found out there will be a zumba instructor training 5 mins from my house on the 3rd of next month. What I would absolutely LOVE to do is take the rest of this month and really hardcore work on my stamina and to get back into better shape before then.... Before I messed up my knee I was doing zumba class then an hour on the eliptical with a high incline or lifting on opposite days, due to a change in employment I can no longer afford my gym membership, but I am still VERY serious about making this happen.

So my question is, if you were pushing yourself hardcore for a month to get the best results stamina wise but didn't have access to the gym, what would you be doing as far as daily training? (and yes I know a 25 days is not a long time, and I know I need to rest my body in there as well to prevent muscle damage, but I seriously think this training is the best possible thing that could happen for me right now & other than my current shape everything is falling into place perfectly)

Replies

• Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    One of our trainers at the gym went for her certification. She teaches aerobics classes daily and said it was intense. Good luck if you decide to try it.
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to answer your question, exactly, except to tell you this: I don't think you need to be in the best physical condition....yet. Take the training anyway! I took a Turbokick instructor training class with no special preparation. Mostly, they want you to be able to do the moves properly, present their class in a fun and professional way, and learn the classes that they want you to teach. They didn't expect perfection.