New To Gym...Best Machines to use to aid weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• FoxyFran21
    FoxyFran21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone that posted their thoughts and comments, I will definitely take everything into consideration and make it work to my benefit. I've changed my diet over the last three weeks, cut out a lot! So the gym is going to kick things into high gear for me. Again thanks to everyone who replied
  • 1Fizzle
    1Fizzle Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Here are some resources that a lot of women recommend to start your regimen. Look into these and see what works best for you. If you have a smartphone, there are a TON of free apps that show vids of how to use the machines. Eat right, and be consistent! Good luck to you!

New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women
    Starting Strength or
    StrongLifts 5x5 (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary) <- this link has some videos.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Rower

Besides being a better workout than any other cardio machine, no one ever uses them, so they are always open!
  • FoxyFran21
    FoxyFran21 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This will help alot! Thank you so much for your imput!
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I love the row machine, one of the best workouts out there! Hop on that sucker for 10 minutes and your whole body will be burning. I also did some fitness classes like body sculpt, cardio kickboxing, and after a few months spinning. If you have the money maybe start with a trainer who will teach you how to use all the equipment in an effective manner?? Best of luck!
  • ekr1984
    ekr1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome info here. I'm going to find that rower machine at the gym today and work on it.
  • ekr1984
    ekr1984 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    and of course my gym doesn't have a rower :(