5'1", medium frame, 55lbs lost! Before and After pics

I just wanted to post this really fast because I honestly never thought I would have a success story to tell others. I got to my heaviest of 190lbs in 2010. I lost weight and got down to 145lbs in 2011 but then found out I was pregnant. Had my little angel in March 2012 and was 170lbs. October 1st I said I was done and it is now or never and I finally got serious. I went from 164lbs (struggled to loss 6lbs since I had my baby) to my current weight of 135lbs. Here are some before and after. This is the only 190lbs picture I have because clearly I hated the camera! I'm 25, 5'1” and medium frame.

28591414_8896_zps7cc4be4b.jpg

October 31st 2010 190lbs. This dress was a plus size costume and I don't think it was the smallest size either. I still remember having to suck in so my stomach didn't poke out.

28591414_1506_thumb_zpscd1bd7f7.jpg

This was me in September at 155lbs (Sorry it is so small)

28591414_2428_zpsb3b611a2.jpg

October 31 2012 at 147lbs

asdf_zps5c9d0cf3.jpg

As of right now I'm 136lbs in this picture.

Just want to show the short girls out there that you can do it!

My main diet is low carb. For fast weight loss I stayed under 50 carbs a day and for regular weight loss it was 50-100 carbs a day. It is the only thing that has worked for me and as for workouts I only walked 20-30 minutes a day. After I get to my goal weight, 120lbs, I plan on doing some strength training and getting lean. Now that my daughter is 10 months I can run around a lot easier than I use to :D

Replies

• Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Congratulations!
    You look fantastic.

I'm not an expert, but I'm thinking you can start the strength training now. It may help you get to your goal even faster.
    I know I always say I will start trying to build muscle once I lose some fat because I don't want muscles to make my fat stick out any more than it already does, but from everything I'm reading, that won't happen.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Congratulations! You look beautiful.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    :drinker:
  • magnow
    magnow Posts: 7
    Great job! Low carb worked for me too. Also, congratulations on your daughter!
  • robind200
    robind200 Posts: 7 Member
    Thank you very much for posting this. I really needed to see this. I am 53 years old and 80lbs overweight.
  • ginadaye
    ginadaye Posts: 39 Member
    Congrats! You look great! Low carbs is the only thing that works for me, too!
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Congrats! :drinker:
  • Congratulations to you! :smile:

It helps inspire me to see another short girl out there that did it. I'm only 5'0" and have had people tell me I will always be short and stocky. I'll have to try to stay more low carb..So far counting calories and 30 minutes of Elliptical a day have been working, but then again I just started on the 1st.

Congrats again and Thank you for sharing!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 484 Member
    Congratulations. You are an inspiration.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    You look great! Thanks for sharing!
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Just want to show the short girls out there that you can do it!

[/quote]
    you look great, good for you! Keep up a great maintenance plan and youll do just fine!

Can i just throw one thing out there though? It's equally difficult for any person to lose weight ... short or tall!!!
    so hey, us tall girls struggle also!!
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    You look awesome! And this is definitely motivating to me! 5'1 as well! Thanks so much for sharing!
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    GO GIRL! so happy for u!
  • Congrats and thanks for the inspiration! I'm 5'1.5 :smile: This gives me hope!
  • Congratulations you look great! Thanks for the inspiration.

I am 5ft2 my heaviest I was 170lb now 130lb so another 14lb or so to go. I find that low carb is the only thing that works for me too but I do find that strength training really helps as well its just finding what routine or moves suit you. For instance, I like kickboxing moves for cardio and have about 5-8 exercises for a strength training. I especially find push ups are great for chest/arms and even torso.

Anyways, out of curiosity, could you tell me what your weight loss was like when you ate less than 50 carbs a day? I have recently reduced my intake from 100-120 to 30-70 so just wondering what I might expect in terms of weight loss
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Great job!! Congrats!
  • feydruss
    feydruss Posts: 349 Member
    Thanks for the inspiration from another shortie! I've found I've had more loss at times when I've kept my carbs under 100, but the problem is that it shoots my protein up a little too high, and I only have one kidney. :( Trying to find the right balance!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    I love inspiring stories, thank you. You look fantastic!:love:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    thanks for sharing and congrats on your success!
  • Congratulations! You look wonderful.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!