Do You Really Believe You Can Do This?

Options
13»

Replies

• Iceman420
    Iceman420 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm beginning to think that the biggest thing holding me back is the fact that I don't really believe I can do it. I've tried soooooo many times before and failed that I'm afraid to believe that this time it will work.

I've also tried (and failed) to lose weight several times. There is definately some doubt in my mind, but I won't give up so easily this time. Especially since I have so many people here to motivate me. Wish I had found this site earlier!

There is one major change I am making with this attempt: Taking it one week at a time. Last week I bought a weekly planner and wrote my weight goal for each week. A guideline to keep me on track this year. At 5 pounds per week, I will be down to 180 by December 1st. Of course I want to lose weight as fast as possible, but as long as I meet my weekly goal, I won't starve myself. Slow and Steady wins the race :)
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    When I started I didn't think I could do it. I thought I'd never weigh less than 200 pounds and I'd never be a single digit size. And now I've accomplished both. In the beginning, it helps to have a lot of short term goals. I first aimed to lose 20 pounds. Then to reach 200 pounds. Then to reach 190 which was the lowest weight I'd ever attained when trying to get fit. And gradually as I lost more and more weight, then I began to believe that I'd make it to my goal weight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    There are some amazing answers here. I feel genuinely encouraged. Thank you all.