Anyone doing Beachbody Insanity?

Options
Wondering if anyone is currently doing/ or have completed Insanity....and how your results were??? Is it normal to go down the first few days then go back up a lilttle bit, even if you're watching your intake and eating healthy?

Replies

• JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I will be starting the fourth week of Insanity tomorrow. I haven't seen any huge changes yet. I haven't changed my calorie intake and I burn between 300-600 calories.

As for the recovery week if you read the information it says that it is important to do that week to prep you for the next month.
  • CrimsonAffliction
    Options
    I did it a while back and had wonderful results .
    Starting again next Wednesday.
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Also I heard that you don't start seeing real results until the 4th week. And when I said I haven't seen any huge changes I mean I haven't dropped insane pounds and inches. I have dropped a few inches but my pounds are around the same.
  • bellevie86
    bellevie86 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    No huge changes eh? Hmmmm....Yeah ill read that book. You haven't noticed anything scale wise you mean?
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    No huge changes eh? Hmmmm....Yeah ill read that book. You haven't noticed anything scale wise you mean?

No. No scale changes but I am always up and down 3lbs. My next weigh and measurement taking is the 23rd. I did lose some inches though within the first three weeks and I can tell the difference in how my pants fit.
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Have you noticed any change in general tone and definition?
  • bellevie86
    Options
    BTW i did the math for my Caloric needs and to lose weight it seems like that number is really high, Should I REALLY be taking it 2200 a day? Seems like ALOT?
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Well that's motivating!!! Thanks! Nice results!
  • CrimsonAffliction
    Options
    I did it about 40 days and went from a size 8 to a 4, though only lost about 12lbs.
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Have you noticed any change in general tone and definition?

Honestly I haven't paid much attention to it.
    BTW i did the math for my Caloric needs and to lose weight it seems like that number is really high, Should I REALLY be taking it 2200 a day? Seems like ALOT?

Is this after you've subtracted the 500 calories to lose 1lb/week? Mine without the 500 cal deficit is 2171 based on using the 1.7 factor. To lose weight I would have to eat 1,671 cals/day. I haven't changed my calorie intake though and I've been getting 1,530 cals a day regardless if I do the workout or not.

Results are going to vary from person to person. Just because I haven't dropped any significant pounds in the 3 weeks that I've been doing it doesn't mean you won't. I really don't have that much to lose so for me I'm probably shedding ounces while I drop inches and lean out.

It's a great, intense workout and you will get out of it what you put into it.
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Yeah no the work out is great, love it. But I just wanna make sure i'm not sabotaging by eating too much or too little. My recommended intake before the -500 is 2728, so 2228 just seems high. But im 5"6 and 173 pounds soooo my # would be higher than yours :)
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Btw, i'm now vegetarian and I don't think i could even consume that many a day now WITHOUT eating total crap.....
  • bellevie86
    Options
    I did it about 40 days and went from a size 8 to a 4, though only lost about 12lbs.

Yeah i got a bit to lose....Im at 173 but to be within my BMI i need to be about 145-150ish. Have really no desire to go lower or to be super thin. I like to have a little meat just not as much as i have :)
  • Staceyp76
    Staceyp76 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 11 workouts away from finishing. I have only lost 3 pounds but my body fat has gone from 27% to 23%. I have also lost a ton of inches. Its a great program
  • JustJennie1
    Options
    Btw, i'm now vegetarian and I don't think i could even consume that many a day now WITHOUT eating total crap.....

It comes with a meal plan and in the back there are variations/substitutions and a lot of the meals with meat have tofu as a substitute. Why not just try eating however many calories you have been eating now, do Insanity and if you're hungry just eat a little bit more? That's all that I've been doing.
  • IAmKellOnWheels
    IAmKellOnWheels Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Recovery Week and have "only" lost 11 lbs. However my cellulite all over my body is about 90% gone (and I had a LOT), my skin is shiny and healthy, I have muscle definition all over (where I was just jiggles before) and don't jiggle when I walk any more. And, the kicker came last night. I mistakenly bought 3 pairs of jeans FIVE years ago that were 2 sizes smaller than I needed and a slim cut. Tried them on last night just to see where I was and they went ON. ALL THE WAY. Couldn't even get them up to one of my thighs before starting Insanity. I'm wearing them now and I'm never taking them off! Been following the meal plan 100% except for 3 days, did the exercises on the days I was supposed to and gave up ALL coffee, pop, sugar, and white bread; and I'm never going back. My energy is through the roof and I can't WAIT to see what month 2 brings!
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Recovery Week and have "only" lost 11 lbs. However my cellulite all over my body is about 90% gone (and I had a LOT), my skin is shiny and healthy, I have muscle definition all over (where I was just jiggles before) and don't jiggle when I walk any more. And, the kicker came last night. I mistakenly bought 3 pairs of jeans FIVE years ago that were 2 sizes smaller than I needed and a slim cut. Tried them on last night just to see where I was and they went ON. ALL THE WAY. Couldn't even get them up to one of my thighs before starting Insanity. I'm wearing them now and I'm never taking them off! Been following the meal plan 100% except for 3 days, did the exercises on the days I was supposed to and gave up ALL coffee, pop, sugar, and white bread; and I'm never going back. My energy is through the roof and I can't WAIT to see what month 2 brings!

This makes me want to actually OPEN my Insanity package. I have been fearful of it because I have ZERO stamina. But after your success with it so far, I am totally ripping that package open and starting STAT!
  • homefitnessextreme
    Options
    I've had good results. I'm in week 5 now, the recovery week. My core strength, flexibility and cardio have all improved.
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Yeah i've given up meat, pop, white products, dairy products except for the occasional cheese (cuz i love it), And I HAAAAAAAATE TOFU. So it makes it that much more challenging to follow!!! :(
  • bellevie86
    Options
    Besides the weight loss.. the fitness benefits are great too... I love to ski (bumps, trees and steeps), and no program has gotten me in this kind of ski shape before.... not even P90x-- and, your cardio capacity goes through the roof...

Yeah ive already noticed an increase in stamina for sure. The fit test almost killed me!

And hey, if i don't lose a ton of pounds but i can trone up a bit, lose some cellulite, lose inches and all around be :'tighter" then hey it's worth it!