one question need answear

Options
does anyone know it it bad to "detox" maybe one day once in a while ? as if eating only fruits and drink water. maybe 1 or 2 times a month ?

Replies

• AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    In wouldn't think that doing that would be too awful bad for you. I'm sure you'll get all sorts of responses on this though. These boards have been a little extra "snarky" these days...
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    It's not going to hurt, but it's probably not going to do much for you either.
  • unnur16
    unnur16 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    im just wondering because every once in a while a get cramp in my stomach and this "detox" seems to help me with it, but i dont want to do it if it´s bad for me.
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt that eating nothing but fruit for a day does anything to "detox" you. Your liver (unless your doctor has told you otherwise) does a fine job of that on it's own. I suspect that the fiber and acid in the fruit is having a laxative effect and that's what's helping your tummy feel better.

That said, if you like doing it, eating nothing but fruit for a day every once in a while won't do you any harm. Much healthier than taking some pill. Just be sure you are also getting veggies, whole grains and protein the rest of the time.