Hi My name is..

Hello MFP! Im new here My name is JuAune, Im a married mother of 3 boys ,I just started on Monday, and Im STARVING. lol but let me back up. I was once 200 lbs. then I lost 5o lbs walking then eventually running. Ive managed to keep most of it off for over 5 years. I struggle with 10 or so lbs though. Then last year I got down to 140. I never though I could get that thin.....but it didnt last. I had an injury..then another.. but I was cool at 150. well here we are and Im back to 160. I ate my way through the holidays. didnt work out at all. I went from running 4 days a week and strenght trainging 5 days. to doing nothing and eating whatever I want , whenever I want. It was Terribly Awesome. lol Anyway, Ive never counted calories before this, and this **** is HARD. who knew two slices of luch meat cost 50 calories?? Im soo hungry and its only day 2.... I scared. lol i will be training for my first Half marathon later this month. Im really excited. Im just worried about not eating enough o support my runs, or eating to much and not losing any weight, but whatever, Ill figure it out. Id love to make some new friend on here so please feel free to ' friend" me. Thanks!

Replies

• Bobtheangrytomato
    Bobtheangrytomato Posts: 251 Member
    Congrats on the loss! I find having a small snack with carbs in it helps before running (~100 calories). I did a half marathon about 4 years ago and I want to get in shape to do another.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    slim shady
  • 3RachaelFaith3
    3RachaelFaith3 Posts: 283 Member
    protein and fiber are your friends. Just keep healthy snacks around. You don't wanna starve, cause you might go overboard at some point. Trust me I'm a huge impulse night snacker, so I can definitely relate. Sounds like you are doing pretty good though, bc when I slip up, I usually do so in a huge way. lol... Welcome!!!
  • IndyMario
    IndyMario Posts: 236
    Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya
  • NostalgicMuse
    NostalgicMuse Posts: 340 Member
    slim shady

what?
    :wink: haha
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member

You killed my father. Prepare to die.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    It gets easier the longer you stick with it. Log everything. Weigh and measure everything. It won't be too long before you'll know what a tablespoon of cream or 2oz of turkey looks like. Also, if you're starving, are you sure you're eating enough? You can't be running a half-marathon on a 1200 calorie diet!
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    I'm Batman...
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member

You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Balls. You beat me.
  • _KATzMeow
    _KATzMeow Posts: 336 Member
    you don't want me...Im crabby
  • mandipandi75
    mandipandi75 Posts: 6,035 Member
    slim shady

Beat me to it
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    slim shady

what?
    :wink: haha

Do you like Primus?
  • CindyMarie_
    CindyMarie_ Posts: 122 Member
    Hi, my name is.. what?... my name is... who?... my name is... huh?!
    slim shady

:laugh:
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    adorable-cute-hell-yes-hi-my-name-is-tumblr-mine-Favim.com-421559_large.jpg
  • florasweets
    florasweets Posts: 50 Member
    Welcome to MFP !! You'll love it here!
    A warning about your half training... it's normal to gain a little weight. Don't beat yourself up over it. Eat Healthy and Enjoy the Run! :wink:
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    some lunch meats are worse than others for sure. I had trouble when i started with the hunger until my body got used to portion sizes. Now I'm good (getting used to it again post christmas) Good luck
  • SSN13
    SSN13 Posts: 1
    funny, bc when I seen the post I thought slim shady too lol
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    I'm Batman...

SSSSSHHHHH!
  • Hello all, my name is Kelly. I'm new here and hope I can accomplish my goals..wish me luck!!!!
  • Hello everyone,
    my name is Caletia. This is time number 1062 that I have set out to loose weight and become more healthy. This time I'm hoping I get it right..i would really like to loose a total of about 75 lbs but instead of focusing on such a large goal, im just gonna take it 1 lb at a time and celebrate the small victories.