MAke my own c25K?

Options
2»

Replies

• sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have the free C25K app and run my own music and run a free GPS app (so I know how far I go and speed) all at the same time on my iphone 3GS. I thought it would suck my battery but does not. Good Luck.

I do this as well and it works well for me. The (free) GPS app I used in addition to the Zen Labs C25K app is Nike+ Running.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The free c25k app by zen labs lets you listen to your own music and the run/walk voice breaks in to alert you. And when you're halfway, and when you have a minute left.

I use this one! I love it and love how you can play your own music!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    three things:

(1) every time i see the phrase C25K I think people are doing a 25K

(2) I don't know that you need a program as much as you need to just run. 5K is only three miles. Start running!

(3) as far as logging goes, time your run, know how far you go, figure out the speed, log it into MFP.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    also, Apps:

I use runkeeper. If you have good reception, it's kinda cool to see how fast you are going, etc. But every once in a while mine goes all whacky and says I ran ten miles when I only ran three...but still. It's cool.

Here's my two cents on making your own program:

I estimate that 1 mile is about 10 mins of running. So your goal is really to run about 30 minutes non-stop. Just like anything else, start where you are at and slowly work your way up. Somedays will be easier, some days will be harder, but you'll get there with consistency and dedication. Once you can run 30 mins nonstop, then you can work on your pace.

Good luck!
    You got this!

ETA: I got myself into running before I could afford an iphone...so for me the gadgets are just new gadgets. Running is such a pleasure!
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I use Run Double for andriod. It breaks in my music and lets me know when to walk and run...its free but I think after the 3rd week its $1.99. Did it for the first time yesterday and loved it...even ran thru some of walks :bigsmile: