Im NEW on this JOURNEY

Options
I'm happy to be here. I am having some issues with getting my water intake to the point that is should be, are there any suggestions?

Replies

• vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Try keeping a 16 or 24 oz bottle of water with you at work or when you're resting and just sip on it periodically. Before you know it it will become habit and you'll find yourself refilling it. 2 or 3 times and there's your water for the day. Another thing is maybe at meals, take a bite and take a drink of water in between. Your meal will last longer, you will realize you are full sooner, you will get your water in, you will probably enjoy your meal more :smile:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I drink flavored (no sodium / no calorie) water. I put 4 bottles in the fridge daily and make sure they are all gone before I go to bed at night... :flowerforyou:
  • TwentyTen
    TwentyTen Posts: 585
    Options
    I always have my water bottle with me. Sipping on it through the day was helping bit I still wasn't getting enough. Someone suggested not sipping, but taking a good half cup gulp, and this is what has finally gotten me to get enough. :drinker:
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    One other thing, though I'm new to this site, I did another program several years ago and lost 50 pounds...I am a HUGE proponent of getting enough water. I think it is perhaps one of the more important aspects of weight loss/ health. I don't know why (haven't researched) but it really does make a difference. On the program I did before, during the weeks that I didn't get my water in, I did not lose as well as the weeks that I did get my water in. I actually learned to like water and it was one of the habits that stuck with me even when I "fell off the wagon". And it's cheaper when you go out to eat and order water instead of pop/tea/alcohol :happy:
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    When "snacking" pains hit . . . I grab my water bottle instead. The water fills me up. I was horrible at getting my water intake in. But it's getting easier for me now.
  • JessicaPahl
    Options
    walmarts version of crystal light "great value brand" the grape is just like your drinking grape kool aide.. it is soo good.. you will want to drink it all day. :wink: