Is there hope for my rear end!

Options
Hi all. I am a 33 year old mom of 2. I have started this journey for the second time and really want to stick to it! I grew up athletic and in shape UNTIL I got a desk job 12 years (and two kids) ago. It's so hard not to get discouraged and want to give up. I love seeing result/success pics and I feel like I have a little hope for my belly. I don't often see rear end or back of the thighs pics. I sometimes think I have no hope in that area, with all the cellulite etc...If you have any pics of these areas I'd like to see that it can be done! (I'm not trolling for butt pics people) in fact I'd prefer you in undies or bathing suit or gym shorts or whatever....just curious. Thanks!

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am a 33 year old mom of 2. I have started this journey for the second time and really want to stick to it! I grew up athletic and in shape UNTIL I got a desk job 12 years (and two kids) ago. It's so hard not to get discouraged and want to give up. I love seeing result/success pics and I feel like I have a little hope for my belly. I don't often see rear end or back of the thighs pics. I sometimes think I have no hope in that area, with all the cellulite etc...If you have any pics of these areas I'd like to see that it can be done! (I'm not trolling for butt pics people) in fact I'd prefer you in undies or bathing suit or gym shorts or whatever....just curious. Thanks!

Not sure if I have any good pics...but I can tell you that barbell squats took me from a flat booty to a rounder booty.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any pictures of my butt (well that I'm going to post on the internet, because once it's out there, you can't ever take it back!), but in this before/after I did for my family, you can kind of see the change in my thighs. My thighs, the cellulite is almost entirely gone (I say almost, because I'm still working on those muscles and I've still got fat to lose ;>). My butt is the same way -- it's steadily going down. As you work on it, strength train (this is key) -- gotta WORK those muscles!! -- it'll slowly go down.

It did for me, at least!

transformation_MFP_sm.png
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm 59, have a desk job, and have seen improvement in my rear end from exercise.
  • Strength2Succeed
    Strength2Succeed Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any pictures of my butt (well that I'm going to post on the internet, because once it's out there, you can't ever take it back!), but in this before/after I did for my family, you can kind of see the change in my thighs. My thighs, the cellulite is almost entirely gone (I say almost, because I'm still working on those muscles and I've still got fat to lose ;>). My butt is the same way -- it's steadily going down. As you work on it, strength train (this is key) -- gotta WORK those muscles!! -- it'll slowly go down.

It did for me, at least!

OMG you look FANTASTIC!!! I am glad i read this post too. I can see that it is achievable and we can do it with hard work! Thank you to the original poster and you for sharing your story!!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I don't really have any pictures of my butt (well that I'm going to post on the internet, because once it's out there, you can't ever take it back!),

Lamee.

Anyways do some heavy squats, lunges, step ups, dead lifts, good mornings, Romanian dead lifts, leg curls, leg extensions, sprints, sumo dead lifts, sumo squats, reverse lunges, overhead squats, farmers walk, running, walking, hill springs, am I missing one?

one leg squats
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    The cellulite is one thing that WILL GO AWAY!! with a TON of lunges, stair stepper, up hill hikes and squats squats squats! My husband said that because he sees me everyday, 10-15 lbs is not as noticeable as how much my butt lifted up and thighs smoothed out!!

continue to eat at a deficit, it takes time, and hard work, but NEVER Give up!! :) I have seen many women with more kids than i have ( thats 3 ) with flat tummies and nice rear ends :)

best wishes!! :flowerforyou:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    im 33 and im building my butt from scratch, i didnt have any genes to help me out.

if i can do it, you can do it.
  • stephv38
    stephv38 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I just started Tracy Andersons free YouTube webinar for the butt.... I am fairly sure based on the level of work it will get results!
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The cellulite is one thing that WILL GO AWAY!! with a TON of lunges, stair stepper, up hill hikes and squats squats squats! My husband said that because he sees me everyday, 10-15 lbs is not as noticeable as how much my butt lifted up and thighs smoothed out!!

continue to eat at a deficit, it takes time, and hard work, but NEVER Give up!! :) I have seen many women with more kids than i have ( thats 3 ) with flat tummies and nice rear ends :)

you are very motivational!! :) there is hope!! lol yayyy!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I still have cellulite.
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Strength train & your problems will go away. Eat >1500 a day, <2000 (unless your body needs more than 2000 -- that you can find out), strength train 3 days a week & do cardio the other 3 days (alternating strength, cardio, strength, cardio), & you'll get there in no time. Cardio is good for health heart, strength training will tighten up your body & make you stronger. Make sure you're logging all of your food properly. Good luck! :heart:
  • TexanAngel79
    Options

This helped me alot!!! Thanks!!!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    A little off-topic, but about desk jobs: we all know that sitting is the new silent killer, according to all the NYT articles... My solution has been to drink more tea during the day so I have reason to get up to go to the bathroom. Our bathrooms are not on the same floor, so I have to take the stairs.

I also do reading standing up. People thought it was weird but got used to it.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of 2 also! (and from Texas!) I've lost 60, and am working on toning up now. Not ready for a booty shot, but cellulite's mortal enemy is any kind of strength training, lunges, squats, and (for me) pilates! You CAN do it! Just a bit of work, but worth the effort!
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I agree with the squats.. i do squats holding a 25lb dumbbell and even do squats while I wait for the shower to get hot.

I think my butt is again my favorite body part.. it has gotten rounder (no longer flat).. even though there is still a lot of fat it is much firmer looking.
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    OMG you look FANTASTIC!!! I am glad i read this post too. I can see that it is achievable and we can do it with hard work! Thank you to the original poster and you for sharing your story!!!

Thank you!!! And you're very welcome. So much is achievable through perseverance!

And I second all the talk about squats and lunges. I've done a lot of those too! I also do (well did, when it was warmer!) a lot of hiking and stuff. I love hiking in the mountains!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

It did for me, at least!

Amazing, thanks!
  • allison7922
    Options

Not sure if I have any good pics...but I can tell you that barbell squats took me from a flat booty to a rounder booty.

Thanks for the response, you look great!
  • allison7922
    Options
    I don't really have any pictures of my butt (well that I'm going to post on the internet, because once it's out there, you can't ever take it back!),

Lamee.

Anyways do some heavy squats, lunges, step ups, dead lifts, good mornings, Romanian dead lifts, leg curls, leg extensions, sprints, sumo dead lifts, sumo squats, reverse lunges, overhead squats, farmers walk, running, walking, hill springs, am I missing one?

one leg squats

Thanks for the advice!!
  • allison7922
    Options

Thanks! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!