Friends

Options
Hi Everyone. I am fairly new to myfitnesspal...using it for about 2 weeks now and I love it. I have encouraged 2 friends and both my daughters to join and they have...but I wish I had a bigger support system. How do you go about meeting individuals interested in being friends and weight loss buddies on here...I'm hesitant to befriend strangers (old fashioned fear of online meeting lol :blushing: ) but am very interested in connecting with women my age who are struggeling with the same health, weight, and lifestyle issues that I face...

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    if ur scared of befriending them just find a thread that sounds like u might be interested and join their challenges, etc.
    I have a thread going with no specific challenges or age, just women who wanna lose weight and support each other, share their experience, ask advice etc. if you wish to check it out, the link is below....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/78722-10-in-9-part-2

it was called 10 in 9 cuz the challenge was to get into a size 10 in 9 weeks, a lot of women joined who wanted to meet the same goals and some have exceeded their goals already. I'm still trying to get there, but we're on everyday to talk to each other.

Good luck.

To view other threads go to Community and search these topis such as Motivation and support, check them out and find one you'd like to join.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Find a thread, find a person who seems helpful (and send them a friend request/message)...friends just kind of come along after a bit of time.

With that said, feel free to friend me if our goals match up. Good luck!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    In addition to the great ideas previously mentioned, you'll find MFP to be very civil and friendly. Many forums on the internet could take a less from here. Soon many strangers will be buddies!