stomach digestion research

Options
do u guys know where i can find informations regarding how long it takes for stomach to digest some foods

like a diagram shows how long steaks...chicken and such foods etc etc stays in the stomach.

would really help me if anyone knows a site or link

thx for reading

Replies

• MikeBenWilliams
    Options
    I recommend searching and liking "Fix Your Digestion" on Facebook. It's ran by Dr. Jillian Teta who also co owns Metabolic Effect, a fat loss company. Her information on digestion is so awesome and she is more than willing to answer any questions you have on their as well. Hope that helps.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I don't think that this can be standardized, since everyone has different levels of enzymes. Also, we all process foods differently. I think there may be a hierarchy of what is absorbed fastest (simple carbs like sugar) and slowest (animal protein) with fats and complex carbs falling some where in between.

I had to make an artificial stomach in my biology class and added various foods to the stomach. After 24 hours the white bread and chocolate candy was liquefied, the carrots and apples were breaking down but still identifiable and the beef and egg white seemed unchanged in appearance.

I hope this was helpful to you. Sorry I don't have any links to exact research on digestion.
  • sabrekism
    sabrekism Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    cheers

im trying to find a way to keep the stomach busy for 3 hrs only even snacks.
  • Martin_CDF
    Martin_CDF Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycemic_index#Glycemic_index_of_foods

Low GI foods will release energy slowly helping you feel fuller longer. Snacking on seeds or even fruit should help see you through to your next meal!