Time of the month water retention?

Options
Well my monthly visitor has arrived and I feel puffy. I drink between 80-100 oz of water a day and I don't know if my body holds it during this time of the month or what.
Weigh day is quickly approaching and I don't know if I should skip weighing until next weeks day or do it this week and potentially see an increase- any suggestions or relations?

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Do it this week, potentially see an increase, understand why the increase happens and relax next time it happens. :flowerforyou:
  • LiveLittle09
    Options
    I think you should weigh in this week so over the next couple of months you can see if your body retains the water or not. It will help give you a more accurate picture of what your body does.
  • clareBrewster80
    clareBrewster80 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is good to get to know your body and how it reacts. My doctor says that women natural retain water at that time on the month. I do alot and this is prob due to my drop in iron and it is my bodies way of reacting to it. I now take iron suppliments leading up to that time and it has helped. But that is my medical issue, so it may be different for others. XX
  • skinnyin50
    skinnyin50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    As much as I want to skip weighins i don't. I want to be accountable. I hate entering a weight gain but its part of the process. So get weighed plus some times its nice the week after to see a big loss :)