Changing up my diet

Options
MeganFex
MeganFex Posts: 46
I`m getting soo bored lately of my food. I have been indulging WAY too much into unhealthy foods and I have to stop it. For breakfast, I never know what to eat so I am always eating eggs, sometimes with a banana, or scrambled eggs in a weight watchers 100% whole wheat tortilla, etc.. lunch I`ll another tortialla with lean meat, lettuce, a little mayo and some cucumber. Snacks for me include yogurt and almonds, or fruit. I just need to have some yummy meal combinations or recipes. Any help? Next time my dad goes shopping I want to get him to buy some healthy food that's yummy so I can stay on track! :D thanks!

Replies

• gracefullyjenn
    Options
    try some steel oats and maybe some greek yogurt
  • amross
    amross Posts: 2
    Options
    pancakes with sugar free syrup and turkey or chicken lunch meat for your sandwiches.. or some of the learn cuisine and smart ones meals are pretty good.. there are lots of 100 calorie snacks out there that are yummy and the flavored quaker rice cakes are good too.. you could also try a granola bar with a piece of fruit for breakfast..
  • soniamedrano
    Options
    Salad with Kraft Light Balsalmic Vinegarette ( 2 tbsp. 25 calories) or for a snack try Low Fat Triscuits and peanut butter will help you feel full!
  • amross
    amross Posts: 2
    Options
    chewing gum in between meals will help you eat less unhealthy foods too
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Often for breakfast I have oatmeal the quaker quick packages are good. I like raisin & spice but they have a lot of low calorie choices. They are best made with milk. I also like an english muffin toasted with some jam or jam on one slice and natural peanut butter on the other. I pair each of these with a banana or some other fruit. I haven't tried it yet but someone on here suggested an egg white scramble w/ veggies or yogurt to boost protein in the mornings.

I like low fat triscuits too! I usually have 7 crackers (120 calories) and 1 piece of colby-jack cheese! It's a yummy snack!
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    Options
    Best snack I've found to date: Fuji apple and natural peanut butter. LOTS of fiber in the apple and plenty of protein and good fats in the PB. Keeps me full for a long time!

Make breakfast burritos with your tortillas, scrambled egg whites and salsa...or if you have time, grilled veggies. That will defintely keep you full.

And drink lots of water :)
  • RacheBell
    RacheBell Posts: 111
    Options
    I always switch my breakfasts up, and they always include a whole apple. Oikos has great yogurt, they have honey yogurt which is awesome to dip the apples in, strawberry yogurt with fruit in the bottom, and blueberry yogurt. Applesauce is low in calories, and now they have a huge assortment of flavors. I like Kashi cereals. Also a cup of defrosted frozen berries. They have so much juice, it tastes like a dessert.

And lunch depends on what I make for dinner, or I buy wheat dinner rolls and fill them with turkey meat from the deli and cheese, or a tortilla filled with all sorts of vegetables. Or a salad with edamame. Or just get the edamame in a pod, and you'll have fun squirting those little soybeans in to your mouth. Fun with food!

When you're eating, take as much time to prepare the food as possible. Buy a peeler, and a dicer, and peel your apples and cut them up. Cut up your celery, cucumbers, bell peppers, anything so that when you eat them you'll feel better. For some reason I always feel better about eating them after I've taken the time to prepare them. Maybe that's why I enjoy cooking so much?!

And of course, my all time favorite snack I eat EVERY SINGLE DAY, is cut up celery with Laughing Cow Cheese. I look forward to that snack every day. No kidding.
  • MeganFex
    MeganFex Posts: 46
    Options
    wow, that's everyone! I have a lot of suggestions!! :D I will have to write some of these things down and try them :D
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, but mixed up in a fruit smoothie for breakfast? (or lunch or dinner):smile: