Grapefruit is evil (and won't help you "burn fat")

Options

Replies

• ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    A recipe for smurf-berry cookies:

http://bluebuddies.com/Smurfs_Smurfberry_Cookies_Recipe.htm

Goes great with grapefruit juice for sure.

If you drink the grapefruit juice w/in 30 minutes of eating the cookies, this cancels out the calories from the cookies.
    That's science.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    grapefruit is delicious and even better when mixed with gin or vodka and limes
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    More importantly, many unpalatable or impracticable things can help people lose weight, including eating woodchips or wrestling bears. That doesn’t mean we eat woodchips or wrestle bears, although I’d honestly consider doing both before fake-smiling my way through another grapefruit half over Sunday brunch."

:laugh: Tee hee hee!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    A grapefruit killed my sister
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    So wait...why is it evil? Simply because it is not a "fat burner" which essentially does not exist? I freaking love Grapefruit.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I've never liked grapefruit - I find it bitter no matter how much sweet stuff I put on it, so I was delighted to hear that eating it would mess up the effectiveness of one of my medications. It is really nice to be told you can't eat something you don't want to eat, for a change....
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Only the Ruby Red variety.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So wait...why is it evil? Simply because it is not a "fat burner" which essentially does not exist? I freaking love Grapefruit.

It's a tongue in cheek article.
    But here's the allegation of why it is so very very bad:

. It’s plotting to murder you.
    The compounds in grapefruit inhibit an enzyme in the intestine from metabolizing certain substances. These substances include drugs that regulate blood pressure (Nitrendipine), high cholesterol (Lipitor), heart arrhythmia (Cordarone), and depression (Zoloft). If you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice within three days of taking such drugs, your body fails to process the medications as it should, and you can experience side effects resulting from higher levels of the drug in your system. The bottom line? Grapefruit is trying to kill us.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've never liked grapefruit - I find it bitter no matter how much sweet stuff I put on it, so I was delighted to hear that eating it would mess up the effectiveness of one of my medications. It is really nice to be told you can't eat something you don't want to eat, for a change....

Agreed! It makes a change to have a "medical" reason not to eat something you didn't much like anyhow.
  • da1128
    da1128 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I would kill for a delicious, juicy grapefruit, but the statin I take to keep my cholesterol in check has a warning on the label...DO NOT CONSUME GRAPEFRUIT OR GRAPEFRUIT JUICE WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION.

That seriously sucks. I love grapefruit. :mad:
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Come to me evil grapefruit!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is awesome! Who are you to judge? :explode:
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit IS evil... I've seen the way they look at me.

Devil-Meme.png

He's playing jokes
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Bueller?

Voodoo economics?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

It's a tongue in cheek article.
    But here's the allegation of why it is so very very bad:

. It’s plotting to murder you.
    The compounds in grapefruit inhibit an enzyme in the intestine from metabolizing certain substances. These substances include drugs that regulate blood pressure (Nitrendipine), high cholesterol (Lipitor), heart arrhythmia (Cordarone), and depression (Zoloft). If you eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice within three days of taking such drugs, your body fails to process the medications as it should, and you can experience side effects resulting from higher levels of the drug in your system. The bottom line? Grapefruit is trying to kill us.

Got it, I didn't go to the link so I obviously missed this part
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Only the Ruby Red variety.

But of course. Is there another kind? :drinker:
  • Chainbreaker
    Chainbreaker Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Grapefruit is not evil, it's just misunderstood. Mostly it's just cultural differences anyway.

Next time try hugging a grapefruit instead of just judging it for being different.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Fruit is good for your overall health
    Fruit is not good for MAXIMUM FAT LOSS (except post-workout)

Maximum fat loss comes from hard work, smart eating, good training and steady supplementation. This is turn leads to overall good health.
  • puzzlingkirsten
    puzzlingkirsten Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Lol, liked the article. I personally eat half a grapefruit (with a bit of sugar since I'm still getting used to the straight up taste) and two poached eggs for breakfast because it helps me to feel awake and energized. Not sure if it's maybe the strong citrusy flavour, but I just enjoy my days better with grapefruit. :)
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit I eat it because, I like it never thought it would make me lose weight. I miss the evil part, why is it evil ?I eat them least 3 times a week.