buzy mom... Hi again mfp!

hi there! this is my second time on mfp. with great success the first time around. (50lbs) now im back wanting more!!! another 30lbs would be great!

I am a very busy mom. with a hectic schedule... I'm in need of support for my weight loss journey again!

any hints and tips for fast meals and/or slow cooker meals kid friendly?!?!

Replies

• fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Busy mom here too -- would love the kid friendly meal ideas
  • I cook so much in my crockpot while I am at work so I can get my son dinner as soon as I walk in the house. I do a lot of chicken and vegetables, and healthy soups :)

Wishing you great success!
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    I also agree - the crock pot is awesome, especially in the winter months! You can put so many things together and try just about anything and it is done when you get home from work :)
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Hi busy mom! I am in the same boat.

Would love to hear from you and others some easy (toddler friendly) recipes, as well as how you are able to fit in exercise!

I try to walk where ever I can. And always try to plan out dinner the night before. But it's not always easy!

Good luck!
  • Feel free to add me busy working mom of 2 trying to get back into shape! this is my second go with MFP as well this time trying to be more dedicated
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Tacos are my quick go to meal. I'll brown some ground turkey and leave it in the fridge- heat it up after work.. plain greek yogurt for sour cream - leave some lettuce, tomatoes, veggies in containers in the fridge, grab some shells and shredded cheese and VIOLA meal :)

Its really a quick meal takes less than 10 mins
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    There are a slew of crock pot idea's in the recipe section here.
  • debpot57
    debpot57 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi there. I'm a busy mom too, also on my second go round with losing weight. I managed to get about half way to my goal last year and now I'm starting over and going for the finish line. Would love to share ideas and recipes.
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. Just getting back on here myself after having a little girl. Time to get my old body back :)