Can't seem to lose weight

I'm 6'0" female, 176 lbs trying to lose between 20-35 lbs. I was around 190 lbs two years ago when I started a 1500 cal/day diet. I ended up at a 170 lbs in about a year of dieting alone. I tried upping my calories about 6 months later, thinking that was a problem. I upped my intake to 1800-2000 thinking I wasn't eating enough. I also started working out a few times a week. I gained 4 lbs and just chalked it up to my body getting used to having more "fuel" and extra water weight from lifting at the gym. I just bought a bodymedia link, started using it just after Christmas, and it says that I burn around 2800 cal/day on days that I work, but don't even go to the gym. I started eating about 2100-2500 cal/day depending on if I make it to the gym or not and I've since gained an additional 2 lbs. I know I shouldn't be depending on the scale so much, but my clothes are definitely getting tighter and I really don't want to gain any additional weight! Will I stop gaining soon and start to see some positive changes? Any suggestions are appreciated!!!