Womens Insanity results who are 140lbs+

Options
So trying to be patient and look through older topics I've failed because all I really saw were women who started at (what I would call) low weights and just lost inches and toned up.

I'm interested to hear from and even see result pictures from women who did this at 140lbs+ :smile:

Replies

• Teenalove912
    Teenalove912 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well that would be me. I started MFP at 175 and willing to go 1-2 pounds a week until I reach my goal. I plan to go for 20lbs and then once there see if I want to go lower. I'm working toward the idea of maintenance. Keeping track of what and how much I eat. I'm looking for supportive friends. I should add that I am 58 going strong.:love:
  • alexwalper
    Options
    I had a really hard time finding that as well when I was debating buying Insanity. I found a few from random Googling, but more overweight men. However, even they were few and far in between!
    Despite that, I started it anyway :). I just finished the second week, and while I'm not following the nutrition plan exactly, I'm using a HRM to track calories burnt and working through MFP's guidelines.
    I'm about 60 lbs. overweight (5'9" and 210lbs), and it's been really hard, but I'm loving it. I haven't lost weight yet (gained actually) but most people said that would happen due to water retention. I have a lost a couple inches already though, and I feel fantastic!
    Hopefully I can post some before/after stuff for you in about eight weeks :).
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That'd be great and way to go on starting it :smile:
    I tried the fitness test briefly last night and think I may do it again tonight and actually count lol. I'm just a bit concerned that if i do this and then go to something less intense i might gain inches and lbs back.....what do you think?
  • alexwalper
    Options
    I was worried that nothing will seem as intense after, but I realized I'll still have a lot of work to do when I'm done...
    If I don't go for another round (since I've seen a lot of great results from that) I'll do some sort of weight training, maybe even a month of some Jillian Michaels.
    I think as long as you continue with the calorie counting and exercising, especially something muscle related (instead of purely cardio) you shouldn't gain pounds or inches.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    without getting both the other women's heights and general level of cardiovascular fitness before starting insanity this info isn't going to be that helpful.

but it doesn't matter. if you want to give insanity a shot then go ahead. don't compare you others have done to what you're going to do because maybe you're going to eat better or worse than they did for those two months. maybe you're going to push yourself to the point of vomiting where someone else to break after break after break.

stop thinking about doing it and do it.