Trouble eating over 2000 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anywhere near 2000 calories a day and I'm not hungry.

But I'm on low-low-low carb, and that takes away the hunger.

when I had a goal of 800/day, my doctor asked me to increase that to 1200-1500, so I did. She assured me that I would still lose weight, but I hit a plateau. Now my goal is 1,000 calories a day. That's not net (after exercise). that's gross - and hunger is not an issue for me (unless I go to bed late and my husband is in the kitchen fixing himself a snack. That makes me think about food and THAT makes me think that I'm hungry. But I keep a Brita water bottle by my bed and I drink some water. Turns out that I wasn't hungry at all. I was thirsty.)

I feel great.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anywhere near 2000 calories a day and I'm not hungry.

But I'm on low-low-low carb, and that takes away the hunger.

when I had a goal of 800/day, my doctor asked me to increase that to 1200-1500, so I did. She assured me that I would still lose weight, but I hit a plateau. Now my goal is 1,000 calories a day. That's not net (after exercise). that's gross - and hunger is not an issue for me (unless I go to bed late and my husband is in the kitchen fixing himself a snack. That makes me think about food and THAT makes me think that I'm hungry. But I keep a Brita water bottle by my bed and I drink some water. Turns out that I wasn't hungry at all. I was thirsty.)

I feel great.

you should up your calories as DOCTOR ordered
    you are damaging your metabolism
    it's not only about being hungry
    hunger can be emotional, or driven by poor food choices
    just like you can drink 4000 kcal per day in juices and be hungry and get fat, you can eat only rich in fiber and protein diet and not get hungry but slowly starve yourself