Could use some encouragement and accountability

Hello community! My name is Michelle... I currently weigh 140 which is about 15 pounds more than I would like to. I come from "skinny genes" and am at the heaviest I have ever been, and am heavier than my 50+ year old mother and my older sister who has given birth to two children. At a recent health assessment I was told that my HDL (good cholesterol) level was too low - most likely due to lack of exercise and poor eating habits. I definitely like to eat out, and dont exercise at all. This on top of having an 8 hour a day desk job - well, I am headed down a path I dont want to be on! My grandmother has had two quadruple bipass surgeries and was way more active at my age than I am.

So... I am gonna try this thing! I just completed my first day of calorie counting and what you all would probably think of as a pathetic excuse at attempting to exercise! But its a start!

I think the only thing that will get me through is some encouragement and accountability.

Thanks for taking the time to read, and good luck on your journey to fitness and health!

Replies

• Love your name! Feel free to add me!
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    You are making the first step by trying and asking folks to hold you accountable. If you are being active there is no pathetic atempt at exercise . Exercise comes in all forms and what works to burn calories is all we need to worry about.

You can add me if you would like.
  • I find MFP a great tool for letting me know when I've made some bad eating choices, I then try not to make the same mistake again (this does not always work as I love chocolate and nuts and cheese and wine) however i do see the difference my bad days make and that pushes me to be better.

Luckely I like to exercise, but I do find on my bad eating days it will make me excercies to make my calories balance at the end of the day.

My wife is pushing me to help her with her weight lose goal and I think having that push and support helps.

Hope you go well with the tool and keep trying!