Walden Farm-No calorie sauces dressings dips etc

Was wondering if anyone had tried the Walden Farm products, They are Calorie free, Gluten free, Sugar free etc etc so they are pretty much like eating nothing at all!

Who uses these?

Anyone ordered any from there site to be shipped to other country's? (I am in Australia) and how long does it usually take to arrive?

An most importantly do they taste ok?

here is the website and a tube video i have found on them,

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/sauce_pasta.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgVy7z1Gu0E

I really want to try them out but i worried about ordering things off the internet for heaps of reasons .

Thoughts?

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    They nasty.. The ones I've tried.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    I tried the ranch dressing, and if was okay. It's not a miracle product, but for being calorie free its pretty decent. Tasting it plain, I wasn't all that impressed, but its good as a condiment and for cooking.

I've tried other Walden products though, and those were horrible. Their peanut butter is downright nasty, and the chocolate dipping sauce had a really off, sour taste to it. The caramel sauce was good at first, but I got sick of it really quickly.

I'd recommend you buy a bottle and just see how you like it. Don't expect this stuff to be fooled for real ranch dressing, or even fat free ranch dressing. But it is good for being calorie free.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Back 6 or 7 years ago I was following south beach. Since these were all everything free I kept trying all of their offerings. One after another they were offal. Not awful, but they tasted like offal. Strongly recommend against.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    I've had the syrup and used it on waffles etc. It was OK. I just buy no sugar added syrup and its 30 calories for 1/4 cup.
    You can get dressings and mayo and whatnot so low calorie now-a-days, I would just buy that. The Miracle Whip I have is 15 calories a tablespoon, and I have an Italian dressing that is 5 calories per tablespoon.
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    They nasty.. The ones I've tried.

Have you tried the pasta sauce? thats what I'm most interested in as you can get those angel hair "pasta" that's only 6 cals per serve so im thinking a huge bowl and some bacon 92 cals( short cut 2 slices), round about 100 for the lot!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Back 6 or 7 years ago I was following south beach. Since these were all everything free I kept trying all of their offerings. One after another they were offal. Not awful, but they tasted like offal. Strongly recommend against.

Offal? what the heck is that? :indifferent:
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member

The nastiest parts of animals is the guess I have. And I'd say thats right. They are awful.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    That crap scares me - what the heck is in it that it has no fat or calories?! Am I going to glow in the dark or grow another arm or something?! Alien food is freaky! :frown:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member

Offal /ˈɒfəl/,[1] also called, especially in the United States, variety meats or organ meats, refers to the internal organs and entrails of a butchered animal. The word does not refer to a particular list of edible organs, which varies by culture and region, but includes most internal organs other than muscle and bone. As an English mass noun, the term "offal" has no plural form. Some cultures shy away from offal as food, while others use it as everyday food, or in delicacies.
    Some offal dishes are considered gourmet food in international cuisine. This includes foie gras, pâté and sweetbreads. Other offal dishes remain part of traditional regional cuisine and may be consumed especially in connection with holidays. This includes Scottish haggis, Jewish chopped liver, Southern U.S. chitterlings, as well as many other dishes. Intestines are used as casing for sausages, although cheaper types may use artificial casing.
    Depending on the context, offal may refer to those parts of an animal carcass discarded after butchering or skinning; it may also refer to the by-products of milled grains, such as corn or wheat.[2] Offal not used directly for human or animal food is often processed in a rendering plant, producing material that is used for fertilizer or fuel; or in some cases, it may be added to commercially produced pet food.
    In earlier times, mobs sometimes threw offal and other rubbish at condemned criminals as a show of public disapproval:[3]
    In 1809 Richard Thomas Dudman and Edward Wood were convicted of a "conspiracy" to commit sodomy, and sentenced to two years' imprisonment and to stand for one hour in the pillory, where they were pelted with offal supplied by the butchers of Newgate and Fleet Markets.
  • Pearlyladybug
    [/quote]

Offal /ˈɒfəl/,[1] also called, especially in the United States, variety meats or organ meats, refers to the internal organs and entrails of a butchered animal. The word does not refer to a particular list of edible organs, which varies by culture and region, but includes most internal organs other than muscle and bone. As an English mass noun, the term "offal" has no plural form. Some cultures shy away from offal as food, while others use it as everyday food, or in delicacies.
    Some offal dishes are considered gourmet food in international cuisine. This includes foie gras, pâté and sweetbreads. Other offal dishes remain part of traditional regional cuisine and may be consumed especially in connection with holidays. This includes Scottish haggis, Jewish chopped liver, Southern U.S. chitterlings, as well as many other dishes. Intestines are used as casing for sausages, although cheaper types may use artificial casing.
    Depending on the context, offal may refer to those parts of an animal carcass discarded after butchering or skinning; it may also refer to the by-products of milled grains, such as corn or wheat.[2] Offal not used directly for human or animal food is often processed in a rendering plant, producing material that is used for fertilizer or fuel; or in some cases, it may be added to commercially produced pet food.
    In earlier times, mobs sometimes threw offal and other rubbish at condemned criminals as a show of public disapproval:[3]
    In 1809 Richard Thomas Dudman and Edward Wood were convicted of a "conspiracy" to commit sodomy, and sentenced to two years' imprisonment and to stand for one hour in the pillory, where they were pelted with offal supplied by the butchers of Newgate and Fleet Markets.
    [/quote]

Thats disgusting :sick:
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    I eat the ranch and caesar on spinach every day. I think they're fine, but I'm not really a picky eater. When it comes down to it, it's like comparing a boca burger to an angus burger or a Diet Pepsi to a Pepsi. OF COURSE it doesn't taste as good as its high-calorie counterpart.
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    I have the Chocolate Syrup one right now..it's gross. However, heard the Pancake syrup was good
  • Pearlyladybug
    That crap scares me - what the heck is in it that it has no fat or calories?! Am I going to glow in the dark or grow another arm or something?! Alien food is freaky! :frown:

Like Mr burns, when he gets those injections and go floating through the bush...could be fun for a laugh :laugh:
  • Pearlyladybug
    I eat the ranch and caesar on spinach every day. I think they're fine, but I'm not really a picky eater. When it comes down to it, it's like comparing a boca burger to an angus burger or a Diet Pepsi to a Pepsi. OF COURSE it doesn't taste as good as its high-calorie counterpart.

I way prefer diet pepsi! at the moment i have been avoiding all dressings so having something (even if its not the same thing) might be nice!
  • vg8pr0
    vg8pr0 Posts: 47 Member
    We eat the ranch dressing or the caesar every night. My son (20) puts ranch on almost everything. I didn;t know they made other products. It is strange to see a zero calorie anything, but these are pretty decent.
  • I really like the honey mustard sauce. Everything else I tried tasted like it might be rations for Mars explorers. Strange aftertastes abound. :O)
  • AC417
    AC417 Posts: 56 Member
    I've had the barbecue sauce. It was nasty.
  • I tried them before - they are SOOOO GROSS!! I recommend Newman's Own Lite dressings. They aren't calorie or sugar-free, but they taste great and they are all-natural!!
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    i would think that they are disgusting. salad dressing and sauces are meant to have calories, and if they don't then something is wrong.
    like others said, you are better off getting a low calorie version than wasting your money. i have read horrible reviews about it.
    or you can make a ranch dressing yourself using plain greek yogurt, almondt milk or other type of milk and spices. much healthier, yes it has calories but it's better than the other stuff.
    i wouldn't bother to get it, maybe find a dressing that is like 15 or 20 cals a tbsp? that is pretty reasonable
  • The salad dressings taste like wallpaper paste. I tried them all in the beginning. since then, I've just found
    lighter fat free name brand dressings (like WishBone, Kraft)
    I've just learned to use less and toss my salad well to coat the salad without having it swim in it.
    That cut down on the calories without sacrificing taste.

There's no calories in vinegar, and several oils are good oils. Try making your own, adding spices.
    You can add sugar substitutes of your choice as well (splenda, stevia) to keep it SF.