No breakfast

Options
JayStu
JayStu Posts: 332 Member
For the last few days I haven't been hungry in the morning so I end up skipping breakfast. This is new as I usually have breakfast every day. What do you all do when or if you have this problem? Do you make yourself eat or try to make back the couple hundred calories later in the afternoon or just skip it all together.

Replies

• Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I make myself eat it, and eat one with protein to give me energy.
  • jmosery
    jmosery Posts: 10
    Options
    I wouldn't eat if I'm not hungry

You should listen to your body

Some days you'll eat more than other days.

I'm a morning and early day water and often skip dinner

Listen to your body. Eating when not hungry is what got us overweight
  • jmosery
    jmosery Posts: 10
    Options
    Day eater sorry autocorrect
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    I skip breakfast because I don't really feel like eating breakfast. Then I eat huge dinners and bedtime snacks because I've got leftover calories since I skipped breakfast.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I Wake up, have coffee, go to gym, do some work etc by the time I am done it's lunch time. Doesn't bother me any. And like SS, I enjoy the extra leftovers for snacking at night.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    i have coffee for breakfast
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    If I didn't east breakfast there is no way in hell I could lift 13,800 pounds (what I lifted today after 45 minutes at the gym). I was getting a bit shaky even after eating (not enough carbs this morning).
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    During the week I'll have something in the morning, but that's because I go to the gym at 5:30am and I get hungry by 9. During the weekend, I'll just wait until lunch.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. Would prefer bigger lunch and dinner. However, on the weekend I do enjoy a bacon and egg brunch :smile:
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    My entire adult life, I've never eaten breakfast. It's always made me ill, so I don't eat it now. I drink coffee and water in the mornings. By the time I'm hungry, it's lunch time! The only time I can do breakfast is if I get up *super* early. And even then, it has to be a while after I'm awake before I eat it. And I certainly don't force anything if I'm not hungry, but what works for one person isn't going to necessarily work for someone else.

Listen to your body! Find out the best solution for *you*. :D
  • Ready2Serve
    Ready2Serve Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I will drink a high protein breakfast shake to get calories, and energy for the day.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I quit eating breakfast in college. Never really got hungry until 11 or so, and then it was time for lunch. My weight loss partner convinced me to eat breakfast when I started my current journey, and since I mostly work out in the mornings, I have found it helps, but on days that I don't workout or don't workout until later, I find I still don't need breakfast and it doesn't have any effect on what I eat later, in fact, I have always thought I ate more throughout the day on days that I eat breakfast.

If you aren't hungry until later, it's fine to eat later. Just make sure you log and stick to your plan.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry in the morning (which hardly ever happens - I'm more likely to skip lunch for some strange reason) I'll have something small - even just an ounce of cheese or a single boiled egg, because I know if I skip it I'm going to feel like crap later. I always do. But if you can skip a meal and it doesn't adversely affect you, go for it. Just make sure you make up for it later by getting all the calories and nutrients you skipped at breakfast. :drinker:
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I eat when I am hungry and don't when I'm not. Eating when I wasn't hungry is what got me here and I am working hard to break habits and change my lifestyle.
  • fmebear
    fmebear Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am not a breakfast person unless it is something to drink. I prefer the coffee route and then water. I know everyone says that you are to start off with breakfast but that is not me. I was not made to eat breakfast as a kid since I was up before my mom getting ready for school, waking her up for work, making her coffee then running to catch the bus. And then high school after swim team, it was chocolate do nut gems and a Pepsi. f I did eat something, it was a Carnation instant breakfast and very occasionally I can get instant oatmeal.
    If I do eat breakfast it is normally on the weekends after 9 or 10 am.

I am working on setting a better example for my kids to eat something in the morning, it is just a lot harder for me. Maybe I can eat a piece of fruit which I am confident I can eat.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I was never really a breakfast fan, I only started eating it when I fell pregnant because I found eating has helped with morning sickness.

If you don't want to eat breakfast, don't.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    Not a breakfast eater, either. It makes me overeat for the rest of the day. Early lunch = 1/3 of my cals, then the rest in one big meal 5-6 hours later.