To Log a Loss...Or to Not...that is my question!

karmasBFF
karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I havent lost anything in over 2 weeks (I weigh in on Friday's). I was recently doing the Shred and prior to that, the Wii Fit Plus. As soon as I started working out I stopped losing...but I am still losing inches.

I hurt my shoulder and now have a pinched nerve in my neck so, needless to say, I've not worked out at all since Friday...

Voila! 4lbs down today!

I want to log it but dont want to be dissappointed if, on Friday, its not accurate. I'm not dehydrated (I drink 12 cups a day) and TOM is due this weekend...so I think its a legitimate loss.

But if I log it and its not accurate come Friday, I will be highly dissapointed. But if I dont, and I'm TOMing by Friday and it doesnt reflect (water retention) I will be equally frustrated.

I really want to log it!

Thoughts????

Replies

• caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    I say log it! If you're losing weight, that obviously means you're still eating properly, so you should be able to see those results as well. I'm all for having a strict weigh in day, but this sounds like a legitimate excuse. =) good luck!
  • Psh. I log EVERY loss... no matter the circumstances. I'm greedy like that. hehehe

Log it. You'll be fine. :wink:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    I say Log it! A loss is a loss is a loss! Some people log every single day, not me, I've been holding steady for a while =( But you should feel proud of your loss and show it off! You've worked hard for it!
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Psh. I log EVERY loss... no matter the circumstances. I'm greedy like that. hehehe

LOLOLO "I'm greedy like that" ROTF! I hear you!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Psh. I log EVERY loss... no matter the circumstances. I'm greedy like that. hehehe

:laugh: Meee Toooo... :flowerforyou:
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    I log it if I get the same reading 2 days in a row. That way I know it's real! :)
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    I don't check in on a certain day.... hell, I'm on the scale like 50 times a day (a little obsessive, but its there every time I piddle... I just have to check, lol)

What I do is if I go down at least two pounds, and it sticks for at least three days, then I take it as a loss. I'm still early in my journey (as my ticker shows) but this seems to be working so far because then I don't log something that might disappear the next day. If its been there at least three days then I know I've probably got it.

I say log it!
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    I say log it!
  • mama22girlz
    mama22girlz Posts: 291
    LOG IT!!!! that way we can all give you congrats :drinker:
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    I say log it!:drinker: That doesn't sound like a 1 or 2 lb fluctuation, that sounds like an actual loss! 4lbs! Way to go!!!
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    So, here I go...I'll be a-loggin!

Thanks all!!
This discussion has been closed.