Raspberry Ketones for the rest of us!

Options

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I've been running faster, lifting heavier, and eating better than ever...and I've been tossing around the same 5 pounds for a month; I'm only 14 pounds down and about 50 pounds from my UGW. I look at myself and don't see changes (in fact I think...am I getting FATTER??), and I'm frustrated, tired, and pissed.

However: I'm...running faster, lifting heavier, and eating better than ever.

SO IF YOU ARE LIKE ME: listen to this woman. I needed to see this SO BADLY today. No fussing with my calories, no dumb cleanses or crazy bull**** restrictions or nonsense. I'mma just keep my head down, keep moving, and get where I'm going.

It's a temporary plateau, or it's another permanent excuse. I know which one I'm going to choose this time.

Thanks, wise lady. You look fabulous! <3

Thanks for the compliments! As to your situation, "frustrated, tired and pissed" to me is indication that you might need a maintenance break- 10-14 days off of a calorie deficit. I wrote a blog about it, with links to articles about the process, the link is in my profile if you're interested. :)
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Love this post especially #9. If I could get that one through some people's heads...well I am tired of beating that dead horse. I have a few friends who really want (and need!) to lose weight and get healthy, but the only effort they are willing to put forth is every stupid excuse in the book. The only person I can really control is me and I think I am doing that well. When they are truly ready for support and help, I am here.

Anyway...great post and great pics! Looking GOOD!!!
  • Kelly_fat2fit30
    Options
    What a great post!!! This is JUST what I needed to read today :) thank you!!!!
  • thetipster99
    Options
    Great post, and like most who have replied here, I have been successful doing pretty much the exact same thing. Losing fat while building muscle, 60 lbs later I'm very close to my final goals!
  • mcsweetly
    mcsweetly Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Good advice! Thanks for putting it out there!
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post!! I also love everyone's comments that added pretty much everything else there is needed to say :) No secrets, only this!! :drinker:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone reads this!

You rock :)
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dandes
    dandes Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your amazing post! I've saved it in my 'motivation' file! I loved reading every word! Thank you
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    amazing advice and you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My words of wisdom: make sure you get enough sleep. I find that if I don't get enough sleep (like today) i tend to eat like poop (granted I don't eat cleanly and while I am working on that) more so.

But other then that, rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    bumping, because more people need to read this.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    Just stumbled onto this thread and loved it. Great job and great advice for this newbie. Thanks all.
  • kiki1524
    Options
    Just now starting my "get healthy/weight loss" journey ... today. This is a great read for me! Thank you.
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks for a great post:-)
  • pinkgumdrop123
    pinkgumdrop123 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Marie_25
    Marie_25 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    A good read, and very true. Been making excuses about my weight gain/loss/gain/loss for years. Finally eating to live and enjoying it, not living to eat and hating myself! :0)
  • AprilRaineyBattle
    AprilRaineyBattle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Bump--awesome info!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Dreamermoth
    Dreamermoth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    After reading so much interesting information I find that I have a problem with fluid retention. It is summer here in Australia and I am on my feet alot for work.. therefore at end of day, my feet are so puffy they yell at me - "get off me you are making me hurt" although it feels more like "get your fat *kitten* down on the couch and give me a rest from carrying you around"

Does anyone have any ideas to assist in not gaining fluid? :blushing: I had medication but I can't take it on days I go to work as it is just too hard to keep running to the toilet and not making it is sooo not a good look. :ohwell:
  • Alairissa
    Alairissa Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Nice post.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!