All Star Ideas?

caityjean
caityjean Posts: 40
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Since I'm new to all this, I was wondering if any of you have and diet or exercise tips that worked really well for you. I exercise about twice a day and eat pretty well. I'm currently vegetarian (gave up meat and poultry for Lent), and I'm really against making and dramatic "fix it" changes to my diet. So no cutting out all dairy or all carbs or whatever the latest trend is. Let me know you're ideas because I would really love to be beach-ready this spring break! :wink:

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    What's your starting point? That makes a world of difference when it comes to recommendations.
  • caityjean
    caityjean Posts: 40
    I'm 5'6 and 145. Trying to get down to about 125.
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Thanks for that info.

In VERY general terms on the exercise front, my suggestion would be 2-3 full body strength training sessions per week paired with sane amounts of cardio.

In reality, fat loss is accomplished from expending more energy than your body requires, right? Said deficit can come by way of eating less, moving more, or a combo of the two. Ideally it's a combo.

That said, many women in your shoes have the tendency to over-do it on the cardio front. If you're finding you need to do cardio every single day of the week until you're blue in the face, something is "off" nutritionally speaking.

The specifics of the weight training and cardio will heavily depend on your experience, equipment availability, any contraindications, and your level of current fitness.
This discussion has been closed.