Stuck after 4 weeks after sleeve gastrectomy surgery

Options
Hey evberyone today I went back on clear fluids after getting stuck on weight loss i am trying to get 1200 calories in a day its really hard so I went back on clear fluids to trick my body. Was this a smart idea? I been stuck for over a week now. I'm new so feel free to add me my wight goal is 65 more pounds I know its safe to loose 1-2 pounds a week but i have not loss any weight in over a week and I can assure you I'm not cheating.. My basic melas a day are low fat yogurt 2-4 oz, ground turkey 3oz with 2% cheese, 2x day 3oz of fish, 4-6 8 ounces of water.. and I walk at least 30 minutes a day 3 x a week. and maybe the other half of yogurt for a snack its all i can fit in my sleeve.. So what am I doing wrong? Anyone i need help please im depressed over the lack of weight loss and feeling im a be a sleeve failure! So you know I started at 260 i lost 21 pounds on the 2 weeks of fluids and and 9 more on puree now i am on soft and ground food but its been over a week and nothing. im about to hit my 5 week marker and am feeling some sort of way.. Anyone if you can help me i would really be grateful... almost 2 weeks no weight loss.. Ugg!

Replies

• melbogg
    melbogg Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I got stuck about a month out also........I increased my water and activity and the scale started moving again.
    I totally understand your frustration, but you did not have the surgery for nothing. Its a great tool to help you be healthy!!
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    how are you going now with your weight loss. Congrats on your progress.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. You won't always lose weight even with the same exact regimen. Second, you went to an extreme calorie deficit and your body more than likely responded by slowing your metabolic rate down. A slower metabolism means less calories burned per day.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • 2mouse63
    2mouse63 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey my doctor always told me when I got stuck that I need to change my routine. add something different your excerise or increase it. He also told me that just because I wasn't losing on the scale it was normally inches. Our bodies need to readjust to the new body weight.