Lucky 2013!

Hello there!

My name is Sharon and I LOVE food! :) Unfortunately, I also kind of hate exercise, but am hoping if I can find something I like to do it won't feel like exercise. Back in the day, I used to ride horses, and that was GREAT exercise that was always fun! Nowadays, fishing and walking my dogs is about as active as I get.

Like many of us here, I've struggled with my with weight my whole life. In 1999, after Sept. 11th, I got motivated to lose weight and get in shape. I did the Power90 program, along with water aerobics 4 nights a week, and followed weight watchers for a sensible eating plan. I only lost 20 lbs, but more importantly, I lost 5 clothing sizes! For the first time in my life, I was a size 10!

I managed to keep the weight off for a long time, but eventually, it snuck back. I've noticed that my metabolism has slowed, now that I'm in my 40's, and that's a bummer, because today, I weigh more than ever before in my life. Sunday night I stepped on a scale to get my starting weight and almost fainted when I saw how much it said I weighed. However, it was the wake up call that I needed, because it's got me motivated to drop the weight this year, once and for all!

Meanwhile, my wonderful significant other could use some of this himself, but so far while he supports me wholeheartedly, I can't convince him to join me. I'm hoping to hear from others of you who have done this with your significant other and both of you have had success. Maybe you can share some wisdom, or offer support or guidance. My boyfriend has Type II Diabetes, along with sleep apnea. Both of these are reversible with weight loss.

Ideally, a long healthy life with him is what I want, and diet/exercise/life style change seems to be the way to do it.

I would love to have friends in this forum so please let me know if you need a buddy too!

Happy 2013 to all of us! I feel like this is the year for everything to come together!

Replies

• sweetv1smith
    sweetv1smith Posts: 21 Member
    I wish you every success Sharon and know you can do it again!

Go for it!
  • thanks for getting me on board! 42 is the year my dad got his chest ZIPPER - triple bypass so if I don't get my heart pumping and lose weight than its going to be TROUBLE!!!
  • slrva
    slrva Posts: 5 Member
    Thank you both! I wish all of us the best of luck!

Peekay, you are already ahead of the game: you have the advantage of knowing that heart disease runs in the family, and you have already taken steps to make sure it doesn't impact you. You are GOING to do it. This is the year, Lucky 2013!