It's almost 8 pm - do I eat my extra calories?

Options
So, I put in my calories for dinner and lunch just a few minutes ago, and I have 300 calories left for the day. I had been careful about my portion size for dinner because I had made a rather high-calorie meal.

Question is - do I try to eat ( or drink) 300 calories this late in the day? Or is it better to forget it?

I mean, I'm not starving or anything... but I sure am craving either a glass of wine or Baileys.

Replies

• jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Any time before bed is perfectly fine. Just don't try making up for being short on calories the next day.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    So, I put in my calories for dinner and lunch just a few minutes ago, and I have 300 calories left for the day. I had been careful about my portion size for dinner because I had made a rather high-calorie meal.

Question is - do I try to eat ( or drink) 300 calories this late in the day? Or is it better to forget it?

I mean, I'm not starving or anything... but I sure am craving either a glass of wine or Baileys.

You can eat/drink as late as you want and it will not change how those calories effect your weight loss/gain.
  • shawnteahsing
    shawnteahsing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you have the room and really want to. Sure go ahead.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    By all means eat them.... Time will not dictate weight loss......
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I'm getting ready to eat 240 calories worth of ice cream and its 9 pm. Seems to be working fine for me.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Do it!
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thank so much everyone! This is really good to know. A trainer I worked with a while back said eating after 7 pm was an absolute no-no...

I am going to go and enjoy a that Bailey's I've been craving!!!
  • najlaamundson
    najlaamundson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    MidWest Angel -- Hmmmm... Ice cream sounds good too!
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Ice cream with sliced almonds here I come!!
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank so much everyone! This is really good to know. A trainer I worked with a while back said eating after 7 pm was an absolute no-no...

I am going to go and enjoy a that Bailey's I've been craving!!!

Ha ha ha ha ha. That's one of my favorite diet myths along with the whole 5-6 meals a day thing and vitamin C fights off colds plus the importance of breakfast. Calories in calories out by the time you hit the bed should really be your only concern in regards to caloric intake for the day.