Jillian on Biggest Loser... too much?

Options

Replies

• AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    i only watch the seasons she isn't on. I watched two seasons with her and I can't stand her, to over the top for me.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I would get a great workout punching her in the face.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    It's reality tv, people. It's all staged.

I'd yell and scream at people to workout for the kind of money they pay her, too.

ETA: None of you apply for the military, please.
  • valleemic
    valleemic Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm all about "Go Big or Go Home" but Bob and Delvette are getting better results with ALOT less smack talk! The men yell too but it just doesn't seem to be as humiliating.
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    i love her! i couldnt work out with her just because I would just be drooling over her the whole time :p
  • betancourt77
    Options
    Not a fan. I like Bob! I think some people have issues & that is why they are overweight (some people are because they like food), so I don't think yelling at them & making them feel like dirt is going to help them. It's like she gets off on tearing people down & then building them back up. Not the type of psychology I would use........
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I agree with you that she yells too much but she knows what she's doing. When I think these people are going to keel over and die, she knows they need to be forced to work to prove to themselves that they can do it. I think she's amazing at what she does and am glad she's back on the show.

This.
  • ismiseciara
    ismiseciara Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Team Jill all the way :)
  • pattycakes10117
    pattycakes10117 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am not a angry type person.....but boy she would really bring that out in me if she was yelling in my face.
    Can't expect her to be a soft and cozy.....but enough is enough!!!!!!!!!
    Funny thing was I tried to do the crab walk across the living room during a commerical. FUNNY. Too much junk in the trunk!
    Maybe it is not so funny is it.
    I will keep trying this.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I can't decide if I would like her as a trainer. She is a bit aggressive but I would prefer aggressive over sugarcoating fairies and rainbows for my workout. Just maybe not at her notch of extreme.
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Her approach, while not for everyone, is definitely for me... I can't get results with some cotton-soft lamb gently ba-aa-a-a'ing at me - I need someone to kick my *kitten* into gear, and she does it!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    You would be suprised what you can do when you have to deal with it though. When you go to boot camp, yeah the first week you want to rip their heads off. But by week 3, 4, 5...it is all a blurr. The breaking you down and bringing you back up, WORKS. That is why the military is so disciplined. Yeah it gets to you the first week. But if you can with stand that first week, eventually the words go in one ear and out the other and you only retain the parts you need to.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I liked her on every other season and am glad she realized her technique wasn't working this time. She was over the top the first episode. It's one thing to yell and be stern and take no excuses, but she crossed the line. I agree that it backfired. Don't try to get someone to leave on her own, let the team (or that red line) vote her out if you don't think she's working hard enough. I don't think that someone leaving because she won't be talked to like that is evidence that she "doesn't want it enough."
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    She is a fantastic trainer and her approach would work with me if I gave up. I like trainers like her. If I ever had a soft trainer I would never work harder and would do my workouts with no effort.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    While you can break the will, if you crush the spirit, you no longer ENcourage,
    but DIScourage.

Kick me in the butt, smack me upside the head if I need it,
    but humiliate and mock me and you are nothing but an overpaid ego-maniacal bully
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It totally does work. That's the best approach, in my opinion.
  • Bobby__Clerici
    Bobby__Clerici Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I detest that show.
    It gives those struggling with weight the false impression that crazy methods are the true way to go about reaching optimal health.
    If there was any integrity on TBL, they'd be teaching these folks the correct way to lose weight and reach their fitness goals.
    This is not it.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I forgot how much Jillian YELLS and belittles her team members! I don't think I could work out under those conditions! Any thoughts?

I can't stand her. If someone got up in my face to "help me" the way she does, I would punch them. That doesn't work for every one.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I also don't watch the show. It misleads people, claiming they lost this many in a week when in reality it was two weeks of 6-7 hours of workouts a day. I am only commenting on Jillian herself, not the show.
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    She yells to get them moving and she can be gentle when she needs to be, I noticed last night that Bob is starting to yell quite abit too