FAILING MISERABLY

bksteve26
bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
So i started this journey almost a month ago and I'm only really down a solid 3 pounds...the last 3 have just been fluctuating so on a good morning im down 6 but not always, well not majority of the time. I'm getting frustrated because when I do it the unhealthy way, like working out too much and eating practically nothing, the pounds fall off like cake, but doing it normally, i cant seem to get into it enough. I feel like i cheat alot, and i am just not motivated enough...what do i do?

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Your food diary is not public... but maybe you need to be eating differently? Are you drinking the water you are suppose to be? You say you are cheating alot... Doing it the unhealthy way is short-lived and it bounces back with a vengence (take a look at my photos!) plus you may inadvertently do permanant damage to your health. MFP is set up so that you should lose about a pound a week - yes there are many who have lost more per week - I'm one, but "everyone is different". You may need to see if you need to check out a different type of diet to be eating... try looking this over - it might help you out.
    http://caloriecount.about.com/metabolic-types-eating-ft93247
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    First off - 3-6 pounds is great!! Keep your chin up!!

If you really do cheat a lot, that alone could be your sticking point. I recommend adding friends and actively participating in MFP. Record all your food before you eat it (MFP is then your willpower - you will not eat that [insert unhealthy food here] when it eats up half your day's calories. Especially when you know how hard you have to work to burn those calories. I also recommend investing in a heart rate monitor, and trying to exercise 30-45 minutes at least 5 days a week. Find things that are fun! Dance, jog while you watch tv, chase your kids around a park, whatever it might be.

MFP is great for that network of other people with similar goals. I have a very close friend who is incredibly supportive, but who doesn't HAVE to exercise or cut calories. She is not great for weight loss. However, my MFP buddies who have 5 pounds or 125 pounds to lose are - because we're all on the same road together. It will help - I promise!

Good luck!! :happy:
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Thanks for the support. I know i need to work on the cheating. I find myself really only cheating on the weekends and its difficult for me to get back on the horse after i've messed up. I'm on my way to the gym now though and I'm about to turn over a new leaf. I dont want to be unhealthy, im doing this for my health and my body. I think i just needed a pick me up and you guys gave that to me. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.