Kinda serious question... faces

Options
2»

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I'd like it to be about 20-25%. I have no intentions on going below that, and partially it's because of the face issue.

You would willingly be less healthy because of your perception that lower fat makes you look older? Maybe you are just making excuses for failure? Why do you care if your wrinkles are slightly more noticeable?

Yes I would willingly have more body fat if it meant appearing to be more youthful looking. I care because I work in that industry ( health and beauty ). It would hurt my career to be promoting youth and look old.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    it happens a lot with rapid weight loss.

everyone i know who has lost a lot of weight quickly ends up looking 10-20 years older by the end. not just skin but also hair..

unfortunately when they gain the weight back, they still end up looking older than when they first started.

slow and easy weight loss. i'd personally rather it take me 2-2.5 years to lose 60-80 pounds than cramming it all into one year and still looking a different type of hot mess
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert on this, but I've heard that fitness models dehydrate themselves for up to a week before shows and photo shoots as well. Supposedly to look more ripped? This would definitely have an effect on how their faces look.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Now yall are gonna have me looking up fitness models lol

Ok... after googling women before and after weightloss.. their faces did look younger in the before... but they still looked good in their after. Overall they still looked better :)
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Please keep in mind that if you're looking at women that had pictures taken AT A COMPETITION there are several factors that can make their faces look older.

They purposefully dehydrate themselves before a show to make their muscle definition more visible. This causes the body to build up toxins, which come out through the skin.

They wear a LOT of makeup on stage for competitions. It's similar/the same to stage makeup, which can alter the appearance.

They have very low BF% (which has been mentioned earlier).

There are very few of us "average" women that will go to those extremes...so I doubt that we have to worry about it so much.