Diabetes and Your Joints Help

Options
Anyone here find a natural remedy to help workout? My DH has T2 and he is so stiff his feet hurt his whole body hurts. He can not take NSAIDS just OC Tylenol. No relief. He was my running buddy. Now he can barley do 3mi and that is with pain.

Thanks
Patsy

Replies

• JDunbar82
    JDunbar82 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic but I have Grave's Disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis and used to have terrible joint and nerve pain for years before finally getting put on some better medication(and actually had to have several surgeries to relieve nerve compression). Some of the things that worked for me were moist heat...bath's with epson salt...those thermacare patches are amazing. Actually now although I don't need it much anymore I also have an implanted spinal cord stimulator. I don't know if he'd be a candidate for such a thing, but basically you have complete control of blocking nerve pain in your extremities when you need it and where. For example mine is actually set up to block nerve pain in both of my arms and legs. So...it might be something to research and maybe ask his doctor if its a chronic condition and its affecting his lifestyle(which I'd say it is!). The only other thing I can think of which isn't exactly natural but I do know that the medication Cymbalta can be used for Diabetic Neuropathy...but if he could take that or not obviously would be a question for a doctor...sorry if I'm not much help but that's what I know :)
  • PatsyFitzpatrick
    PatsyFitzpatrick Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic but I have Grave's Disease and Hashimoto's thyroiditis and used to have terrible joint and nerve pain for years before finally getting put on some better medication(and actually had to have several surgeries to relieve nerve compression). Some of the things that worked for me were moist heat...bath's with epson salt...those thermacare patches are amazing. Actually now although I don't need it much anymore I also have an implanted spinal cord stimulator. I don't know if he'd be a candidate for such a thing, but basically you have complete control of blocking nerve pain in your extremities when you need it and where. For example mine is actually set up to block nerve pain in both of my arms and legs. So...it might be something to research and maybe ask his doctor if its a chronic condition and its affecting his lifestyle(which I'd say it is!). The only other thing I can think of which isn't exactly natural but I do know that the medication Cymbalta can be used for Diabetic Neuropathy...but if he could take that or not obviously would be a question for a doctor...sorry if I'm not much help but that's what I know :)

Thank you for sharing. Patsy