my scale broke!

Options
I was an obessive weigher! this weekend I let my 9 year old have a bath in my giant tub, and she got so much water out of the tub that she litteraly drowned the scale. now I have none. I think this is a good thing, but I do need to replace her soon. Any suggestions? I hope the new scale and the old one agree!

Replies

• Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    Haha you called your scale "her" ? Whats her name =)
  • carp68
    carp68 Posts: 42
    Options
    "...but I do need to replace her soon..."

Your daughter? :-)
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    This is the one I have and I love it!

Health o meter® Weight Tracking Bathroom Scale:
    http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/healthfitness/scales/PRD~505698/Health+o+meter+Weight+
    Tracking+Bathroom+Scale.jsp
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    LOL I wish mine would break...!!!

I have the WW one, I am not sure the brand but it stores my weight and things.
  • dogmeat
    dogmeat Posts: 83
    Options
    I use Wii Balance Board as a scale. It'll cost around $170 with the console, but as an added bonus it'll depict you as an inflated balloon shaped cartoon character, tells you you're 30 years older than your passport claims, and insults your balance abilities.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    Hey, same thing happened to me. Without the tub, I don't have any kids, and it was a pitcher poised precariously above the devil-spawn some folk call a "scale".

And it was two years ago. I've been weighed about 4 times since then. I was at the doctor last week, and I've been maintaining nicely by using the how-do-my-clothes-fit "scale".

My $.02. Don't replace it. :wink:
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    "...but I do need to replace her soon..."

Your daughter? :-)

LOL

Regarding the question of what scale to get. I purchased a simple digital one at Walgreens for less than $25. It weighs in 1/2 lb. increments, and agrees w/my doctor's office scale. It doesn't do windows, calculate body fat or do my taxes, but it does give a consistent reading of weight.

To those who might say "don't replace it" --I disagree. Most of us got into the fix we were in, weight wise, by avoiding getting weight to get the "bad news." When I first started out, I tried the weigh one a week approach, but I find I do better with that reading each morning. I don't obsess if I have gone up a pound or so, just look at what I did the prior day, maybe too much sodium, or significantly over calories. I use it as a tool to keep me on track, and to amend my behaviour for the future. So far that system is working pretty well for me.