Paleo/Primal Eating - percentages?

Options
Hi Folks,

I've been eating Paleo/Primal (on and off) for almost a year and had a lot of success. However, I use MFP just as a means to keep track, even though the Daily Nutritional Percentages don't exactly align with a Paleo/Primal school of thought. Anyone have any suggestions as to what to adjust these to in order to fit a Paleo diet more effectively? I constantly see my protein go into the red while sugars and carbs stay green. That's fine and all, but I would love to adjust accordingly to really keep better track. Any cave men out there with suggestions as to how to adjust accordingly?

Replies

• ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I used the tools at http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/ to figure out my lean body mass. Then I calculate my protein according to that, going by .8-1g per pound of lean body mass. After that I narrow my carbs down. I am still in weight loss mode so I set it for 75g a day. Whatever is left is fat, following the primal theory that fat is good!
  • Mullarf17
    Mullarf17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome - Thanks so much for the help!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You are very welcome! It's amazing how I look at others and see such high carbs and wonder how it works! But it does for many! Just not me....lol