No EXCUSES! 71 pounds GONE!

Options
Hey everyone!! A few day ago i hit the 70 pound lost mark!! My doctor (who had very little faith in me) told me to not expect a big weight loss this year as i was on Abilify (anti anxiety medicine) EffexorXR (anti depression med) Synthroid (for hypothyroidism) and the lovely (sarcasm) Depo provera shot (birth control) so next my doctor put me on the scale he started the big block thingy at 200. (ok whatever i knew i wasnt in the 100s) um yea that stupid awful dial did not move. (at this point in time i think my jaw was on the floor) nudged the block just a bit and the dial steadied out at 246. holy $hi+ batman and im only 5'1" and when they tried to take my measurements the damn taped ran out at 60 inches around my hips and they had to get a longer measuring tape. my hips turned out to be 64" I dont remember the rest of my measurements but now fast forward to today! my hips are at 42.5 inches and my weight is at 175. I never want to hear about thyroid issues or depo birth control or psych meds holding me back ever again cause its just an EXCUSE!! you can do this prove the doctors WRONG!!! i did and im glad!!! thanks for reading!! -Rachel -On to pics-

at 246
Photo_00052_zps237ce4a6.jpg

318648_118069671635276_100002967306154_109218_968444755_n.jpg

at 230
311076_117246341717609_100002967306154_105862_80566339_n-1_zps85e45113.jpg

AFTER
Photo_00056_zpsb5f4c780.jpg

Photo_00054_zps727f651a.jpg

Photo_00002_zpsa69a8c85.jpg

Replies

• Silentshewolf76
    Options
    Congratulations you look amazing keep it up:)
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    you look beautiful! congrats on the new you!!!
  • trinitymarieecakes
    Options
    You look amazing! Add me on here I need some inspiration!
  • ccpowers
    ccpowers Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! You have done amazing! I can relate to most of the 'excuses', as I had been on meds (took myself off a couple of years ago), I am also short (5'1) and have asthma and other issues....but you did it and are doing it and look amazing!! Heres to continued success!
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Add me on here I need some inspiration!

you got it love!
  • shelleymonk
    Options
    well done!
  • marie_25m
    marie_25m Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!!!:smile:
  • DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC! You have done amazing! I can relate to most of the 'excuses', as I had been on meds (took myself off a couple of years ago), I am also short (5'1) and have asthma and other issues....but you did it and are doing it and look amazing!! Heres to continued success!

thanks love! yea i dont have asthma but sleep apnea forgot to mention im off my breathing machine! doc told me i stopped breathing for 42 seconds at a time at night
  • amills1152
    amills1152 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Awesome opossum! Great job, u look great! That's a tough mountain to climb (overcoming weight gain from medication) but you've done it!
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Great Job... you look fantastic! Great Attitude..... look for a new doc who is more supportive and believes in you! :D
  • Jay9Abrahams
    Options
    Wow, that is really amazing!!!
    You look fantastic!
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!! Great job! =)

I used to be able to lose weight so easily, but now that i'm on depo provera, seems like no matter how hard i work, progress is painfully slow. Nice to see somebody have success while on it.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. And what a great story. You proved that doctors are here to patch us with meds instead of support us with proper, natural weight loss.
  • SheenSZF
    Options
    Very inspirational. A very tough situation to overcome, but you did it! Congrats!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!...Well Done
  • inyourdreams71
    inyourdreams71 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!!!...I have some of the same issues on meds and only 5'3.I have a ways to go...but after reading your story.It inspires me to keep on trying and to never give up.
  • FrankenBeanz
    FrankenBeanz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    WO! you seriously kicked some butt there Mrs! WEll done!!!

you look amazing
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Major progress! Congrats!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Wow! That is amazing!
  • nursejessb
    Options
    WOW! You are such an inspiration! I've let myself hid behind excuses for years; no time, stress from college, medications like the oh so lovely Depo, etc. But I've FINALLY realized that I have no excuse that justifies me eating unhealthy junk and not exercising when I have time to sit in from of the TV for hours at a time and vegetate. Thank you so much for sharing your story! I needed to hear from someone else who realized they can't use excuses to justify being unhealthy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!