How much water?

suziblues2000
suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I read somewhere on another thread that we are suppose to drink 1/2 our body weight in ozs. of water. Is this correct? Because if I weigh 225 that would mean I should drink 112 ozs of water every day? Seems like a lot to me!
Thanks

Replies

• I try to take in anywhere from 80-100 ozs a day :) but it is all I drink.!
  • blondie76
    blondie76 Posts: 552 Member
    I drink 8 oz glasses!
  • sjcply
    sjcply Posts: 817 Member
    I have heard that too! I drink 80-96 oz daily......just wondering if too much water can hinder weight loss? Can u drink to much in a day?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    I drink 90-120 daily, no problem. It's not hard.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Water actually helps you to lose some weight. If you don't drink enough, your body stores water the same way that it stores fat if you don't eat enough. Keep in mind that how much you lose is very limited and is only the water that your body has already stored.

Drink half your weight in ounces a day. So someone who weighs 160 needs 80 ounces a day. Don't panic if you don't drink that much, it's just a guideline. I don't know anything about what it does for your metabolism, but I can not see how it would slow your weight loss down at all. If your body is storing it, there is a reason. And don't worry about water intoxication. I've seen it once. Two teenagers drank about five gallons of water each in 90 minutes. They were trying to get intoxicated. All they got was sick and a hospital stay.
This discussion has been closed.