Healthy Subways?

Options
2»

Replies

• narcissus1199
    narcissus1199 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Foot long Veggie Delight, no cheese, dressings or condiments. Yum!
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't look so much at anything except calories... I Love the Cold cut... It's one of the lower calorie Subs...
    6 inch Cold cut on Wheat with veggies and 1 strip of light mayo.. the website put it at roughly 310 calories with 4.5g of fat...

Someone above posted the meal builder.. if you check out the 'fresh fit' options it lists some good choices for subs.
  • mangokitten
    mangokitten Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I always get 6 inch Honey Oat Turkey Breat and Ham. I have them put marinara sauce on it (this isn't listed as an option on the menu but they'll take some out of the meatball tub if you ask them) and peppers, onions, tomatoes and jalepenos. Sometimes I have cheese as a treat. I then have them toast the sub with all the veg and sauce on and don't add any other ingredients after it's been toasted. I think it tastes a bit like pizza. It's yummy anyway. I'm in the UK but I'm guessing you can get all of these ingredients in US Subway stores. With the cheese and Honey Oat bread it comes in at 978 cals and 4g fat. No cheese and wheat bread is 298 cals and 3g fat.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I used to eat at subway. I always turned to the belief that pretty much anything they sell is 'OK' provided you dont have cheese, sauce or a footlong.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Subway has quite a few healthy choices. Turkey and chicken are good lean meat options. And the fat in the cheese *is* healthy. Get the cheese on it. Dairy fat is good for you. I usually get the one with black forest ham and turkey, provolone cheese, light mayo and honey mustard, baby spinach and tomatoes. I get the six inch and it fills me up.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't look so much at anything except calories... I Love the Cold cut... It's one of the lower calorie Subs...
    6 inch Cold cut on Wheat with veggies and 1 strip of light mayo.. the website put it at roughly 310 calories with 4.5g of fat...

Someone above posted the meal builder.. if you check out the 'fresh fit' options it lists some good choices for subs.

I like the cold cut too! But I love the black forest ham.
  • xFitnessFlirt
    Options
    oooo thanks everyone, I think next time I'll try the veggie delight