Piliates

smalltowngirl504
smalltowngirl504 Posts: 183
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it good for toning??? I am fairly new to this strength thing, I am going to start using hte machines at the gym and doing ab workouts... But as far as classes, I dont want something crazy hard, I did Kettlebell once and holy crap...it was the worst 40 minutes of my life.! I want something mid tempo that will tone me... any ideas?

Replies

• SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Is it good for toning??? I am fairly new to this strength thing, I am going to start using hte machines at the gym and doing ab workouts... But as far as classes, I dont want something crazy hard, I did Kettlebell once and holy crap...it was the worst 40 minutes of my life.! I want something mid tempo that will tone me... any ideas?

Cardio kick boxing is a lot of fun
  • lcomstock
    lcomstock Posts: 1 Member
    yoga and pilates will be good
  • CinthyNair
    CinthyNair Posts: 261
    I like working out with an exercise ball - core strength training - really seeing the defined muscles!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    I like working out with an exercise ball - core strength training - really seeing the defined muscles!

I 100% agree. Women's Health Magazine has awesome workouts with the stability ball. I never saw defenition in myself until I started mixing the ball with more traditional exercises like bench -- you can make a great circuit workout for yourself by mixing cardio and weights, too.
  • pilates is great for toning. they say you feel a difference in 3 sessions, see a difference in 10. I love it. I too wanted the tred mill and weights. so now I mix it up. Be patient with Pilates. In the beginning it will kick your butt, but later you will notice that excerises you had trouble with aren't as bad. I recommend it
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I love kickboxing and pilates! Both are GREAT toning workouts (not to mention cardio!)
  • empiremom
    empiremom Posts: 52
    :tongue: i love pilates. and it will kick your butt when you begin it...make up your mind you will like it!

it is wonderful. you will think it is not doing anything until you wake up the next morning!
This discussion has been closed.