1 year - 142 pounds lost

Options
I'm not one to post in message boards but I am really proud of myself and I hope my success can encourage and motivate someone else.

I reached my 'fed up' point New Year's Day 2012. Enough was enough and I knew I needed to change. So I started moving. I started caring about what I put in my body. And part if that was keeping track of it. It's crazy when you start using my fitness pal and you realize how screwed up your portions are.

I am now probably addicted to MFP. I am in it multiple times a day. I use it to make decisions on what I eat (especially at restaurants) and to keep track of what nutritiants I need or what I've had too much of.

You. Can. Do. It! all it takes is one day.

Thank you my fitness pal!

Replies

• lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    yeah! good for you..
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Wow what a great job. Do you have before and afters?
  • Bonn28
    Bonn28 Posts: 3
    Options
    Great job!
  • SheOwens
    SheOwens Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome!! :smile:
  • deerose1
    deerose1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your progress with us keep up the good work.
  • GoddessG
    GoddessG Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I wasted the first two weeks of my diet by not keeping a detailed food/exercise log. I lost 1 lb in 2 weeks.

So I put together a log (using an CalorieKing software combined with an Excel spread sheet. Weight strated draining off. I guess I wasn't aware of how much I was putting in my mouth. Keeping the food log doesn't allow such denial.

I am also noticing that I am learning how to eat smaller meals. (3 smalls rather than 2 large). I am also finding some comfort in mild hunger. (strange - I know).

I've been learning so much about my body during this time. I'm delighted to know that I can do this in less than a year. Thanks for posting
  • ajfc1971
    ajfc1971 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    well done that is amazing. I know what you mean about MFP being addicted. But worth it lol
  • gtchs
    gtchs Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow...that is amazing. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!