What am I doing wrong? The last 10 pounds >_<

Hi mfp!! For those of you who have completely reached your goals I need your help. I've done very well on my journey and now I'm down to the last stubborn 10 pounds. Since I've been having a hard time I've cut out processed food and been eating clean(fresh foods, non boxed/packaged, nothing that doesnt have a mother or doesnt come from the earth) and the weight still wont come off. I try to switch up my workouts. Some days lifting with cardio, some straight cardio, circuit training, etc. If you could look at my diary and give your opinion I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance................P.S. Last Friday I was sick with a cold hence then skimpy diary.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    my experience - you just have to keep chipping away at it. There are no tricks or special things to do, just be patient and stick to it. The last little bit really sucks.
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Hi mfp!! For those of you who have completely reached your goals I need your help. I've done very well on my journey and now I'm down to the last stubborn 10 pounds. Since I've been having a hard time I've cut out processed food and been eating clean(fresh foods, non boxed/packaged, nothing that doesnt have a mother or doesnt come from the earth) and the weight still wont come off. I try to switch up my workouts. Some days lifting with cardio, some straight cardio, circuit training, etc. If you could look at my diary and give your opinion I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance................P.S. Last Friday I was sick with a cold hence then skimpy diary.

Thanks! I've gotten 5 of it off before but unless I'm working out like a maniac everyday it wont stay off.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    up your cals to lose 1/2lb per week - you only want a small deficit so the body is burning fat and not muscle, and think strength training strength training strength training!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    When you say you do lifting with cardio, what kind of lifting are you doing. I've read many success stories of women who got skinny, but never got the body they wanted. It wasn't until they started lifting heavy (low reps, HEAVY weights) that they started to see muscle definition and started to like their bodies. Also, several of them gained weight from building muscle, so at that point they stopped caring about their weight and switched goals to how the look, strength goals, or bf%.

Here's one, but like I have said, there are many out there:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    You look great. Sometimes those last 10 pounds are in our heads.

Are you doing weight lifting? You will get the best results from that...it isn't so much about that last 10. It's how you look.

Great job!

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    The leaner you get, the harder is it is to lose, so patience and consistency become THAT much more important.

From a quick glance, I say do less cardio, more heavy lifting, and increase your fats and proteins a bit (at the expense of carbs).
  • Ebwash89
    When you say you do lifting with cardio, what kind of lifting are you doing. I've read many success stories of women who got skinny, but never got the body they wanted. It wasn't until they started lifting heavy (low reps, HEAVY weights) that they started to see muscle definition and started to like their bodies. Also, several of them gained weight from building muscle, so at that point they stopped caring about their weight and switched goals to how the look, strength goals, or bf%.

Here's one, but like I have said, there are many out there:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

An example I'll do plyometrics with weights like high knees and then jump down into a burpie with the weights still in hand. Anything that cardio based with my hands free I'll incorporate weights into it to make it more challenging.
  • Ebwash89
    You look great. Sometimes those last 10 pounds are in our heads.

Are you doing weight lifting? You will get the best results from that...it isn't so much about that last 10. It's how you look.

Great job!

Thank you :smile: ......I guess the "ideal" weight isnt so "ideal" lol. What 150 looks like on me looks completely different on someone else. Muscle vs, fat I guess
  • Ebwash89
    The leaner you get, the harder is it is to lose, so patience and consistency become THAT much more important.

From a quick glance, I say do less cardio, more heavy lifting, and increase your fats and proteins a bit (at the expense of carbs).

I'll take your advice and break free from my fear of weights :embarassed:
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Women have a tough time once they get under 20% body fat. It's just the way your bodies are. You need to really manipulate your diet to burn that last few off. Calorie cycling, intermittent fasting, flat out fasting, cyclic ketogenic diets... you should read into these
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member

While that's never a bad thing... if your primary concern is weight loss and the last 10 lbs, that's going to be more about diet than it is exercise.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Oh my friend I have so been there!!! Good news is youre on your way. Just a few minor tweaks now. The following suggestions are things that worked for me. I'm no professional or trainer but I recalculated my caloric needs, cut them back a bit and changed up my weight training to lift heavier and started making my cardio a bit more of a challenge. Clean eating is key as I see you are doing that. With those changes, I saw results start happeneing again after a week or so. Hope that helps.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    I want to lose 15 pounds so I sympathise. This thread could help: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817167-asking-questions-about-your-intake-providing-info

Put in all your stats there and some knowledgable people will give you ideas about what you could tweak.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    You might want to consider eating a bit more, particularly protein, ESP. if you start lifting heavy. I don't know your stats; however, it appears that you are eating around 1100-1200, without taking exercise into consideration. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • You look fantastic! I am also working on that 10lbs. When I talked to my doctor about it, he said to get to a weight that is easy for me to maintain for life. That not all bodies are the same, for some people 150 will look more like 130. Of course I am still trying to lose that 10lbs. But really, you look great!
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    up your cals to lose 1/2lb per week - you only want a small deficit so the body is burning fat and not muscle, and think strength training strength training strength training!

I agree. It also took me about 4 months to lose the last 10 pounds, so I know how stubborn they can be! Make sure you are eating enough, bump up the strength training, and it will happen. Just be patient.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member

Don't be afraid of weights! Check out these threads - this gal is one of my MFP inspirations!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799682-lifting-gaining-weight-losing-curves-getting-bulky
  • Ebwash89
    Oh my friend I have so been there!!! Good news is youre on your way. Just a few minor tweaks now. The following suggestions are things that worked for me. I'm no professional or trainer but I recalculated my caloric needs, cut them back a bit and changed up my weight training to lift heavier and started making my cardio a bit more of a challenge. Clean eating is key as I see you are doing that. With those changes, I saw results start happeneing again after a week or so. Hope that helps.

Thanks. Time to up the amp!
  • Ebwash89
    You might want to consider eating a bit more, particularly protein, ESP. if you start lifting heavy. I don't know your stats; however, it appears that you are eating around 1100-1200, without taking exercise into consideration. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I can definitely live with eating more food :smile: . I love that idea lol
  • Ebwash89

Don't be afraid of weights! Check out these threads - this gal is one of my MFP inspirations!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/709987-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799682-lifting-gaining-weight-losing-curves-getting-bulky

They look GREAT!!!