110 pounds Lost maintained and built with pics

Options
polo571
polo571 Posts: 708 Member
6510_zpsfe27bae6.jpg

I started my weightloss journey on 6.15.10. I went to the emergency room and found out I had a kidney stone. When at the doctors I was told my weight was 379 pounds and my A1C was 8.9. I felt so horrible and out of shape and so low that day I pledged to lose the weight and get in better shape. I remember the first day going to the gym at 379 pounds and wondering how in the hell am I going to do this? I saw this crazy looking eliptical machine with square foot pedals. It was a cybexarc and I decided to use it. Holy crap I put in 379 pounds and 0 resistance and just started to use it. I did like 4 minutes and thought I was going to die. I stuck with it and cut back on my calories and drank plenty of water. Everyday I reused to not go back and I was going to master that damn arc and get the weight off. As time went buy I was able to do 20 minutes and then 30 minutes and then an hour. I kept increasing the incline and resistance little by little. When I started feeling more and more in shape I started to do HIIT training on the Arc. I would go as hard and as fast as I could for 45 seconds and would take 1 minute off. Wow that was a huge difference for me. I read some information about running sprints on the treadmill and began to do that too. I just kept going back every week and just ket pushing to do better. The weight kept coming off and I felt better. After 10 months I lost 110 pounds.
61512_zps853a2a0f.jpg
I decided most of my life I have lost and gained lots of weight. So I decided to try and maintain my weight for a year. I trusted my bodymedia and my diet and I through away the scale. I started running 5ks, 10ks and I just did alot of cardio. After one year of trying to maintain I did a pretty good job. My clothes fit and I could do crazy runs, sprints and was full of energy. I found a trainer I watched in the gym I kept my eye on and I liked his style. I have been working with him to get some muscle and change my body. We did a bulking and cutting cycle 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off. Slowly but surely we have made me stronger and build back some of the muscle I lost doing only cardio. If I could do one thing over I wish I would have lifted heavy along with HIIT training and lost the weight that way. I'm grateful at were I'm at and set a goal to be at 239 on June 1st 2013 and do the tough mudder. If I get there I will be pumped and if I don't I will get there and can't give up.....Here are some of my new progress pics
Hardworkpaysoff.jpg
1213progress_zpsa9ff88b2.jpg

One last thing. I wan't to thank all my great friends on here. Its my 2 year anniversary today and couldn't have done it with all the support. Anybody who wants to add me please do so and I will do my best to be a great friend and motivator.

Replies

• lasmit4477
    lasmit4477 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of you!!! You know I am a fan! :flowerforyou:
  • melmi20
    melmi20 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Remarkable story and progress! Thank you so much for sharing. It's really motivating to see posts like these. :)
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You're my twin. I just posted prior to you that I lost 110 pounds and today is my 2 year anniversary. Ya you!
  • LisaGillum
    Options
    Great job! Very motivating!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You're so awesome man. You're one of my first friends and inspirations here. I think you're amazing. YOU ROCK!!! and ya look GREAT!!
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    WOOOOHOOO - awesome friend! Nice job polo!!! :drinker:
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    So Proud of you great job my friend!!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration, kiddo! xoxo
  • Freedomgurl585
    Freedomgurl585 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring story! Thank you so much for sharing and hey..YOU ROCK!!!
  • Punisher1130
    Punisher1130 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Keep that killer attitude man
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You amaze me. Great job! :happy:
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You are amazing darlin! I too am a big fan.. :)
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. You look amazing.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Stunning! So encouraging for others!
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You know you're amazing:drinker:

Great job, Mark:smile:
  • VDHollis
    Options
    How awesome! How motivating! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Awesome work. Congratulations. You are a great friend and motivator!
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey! I didn't see this before since I joined after it was posted but just wanted to say you look amazing and you inspire me! Keep up the great work/s!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!