54 year old woman new to MFP

Hey everyone! I'm a 54 year old who feels like a 34 year old inside. I'm new to MFP...just started a little over a week ago. I am widowed, so I live with my cat and could definitely use some new friends! About 3 years ago I lost almost 30 lbs. I maintained that loss, but just recently decided to try to lose the remaining 20 lbs! I would love to have some friends who are close to my age. It seems that the older I get, the harder it becomes to lose weight. Gettin' old ain't for sissies!!! I love to cook...especially grilling when it's nice outside. I got a Big Green Egg a few years ago. But this time of year it's in the kitchen! I would love to share recipes with you! I have 2 grown children, but no grandchildren yet. Maybe eventually. But I would love to have a few friends on MFP! I love going to the gym and working out! It makes me feel so good, and helps to maintain the way my body looks and fits into my clothes even when I'm not actually losing weight. I got into yoga a few years ago but have sort of slacked off going recently. I'd like to get back into that again! So good for strength and also emotional stuff! Anyway...there it is in a nutshell! Let me know if you'd like to be friends!!!:happy:

Replies

• susies1955
    susies1955 Posts: 14 Member
    Hey,
    I'm 57 and I just sent you a friend request if you don't mind an older friend. LOL.
    I started on Monday and want to lose a total of 14 and 1/2 lbs. This is the most I've ever been over. I am normally pretty anal about my weight but do gain every winter about 10.
    Sorry to hear you are widowed. I'm a new first time cat owner since April. We took in a stray that had been running around for about a year.
    You can read my profile and we can chit chat to get to know each other more. I'm in northern NY.
    Susie
  • maree142
    maree142 Posts: 82 Member
    hello, I am 54, from Sydney, Aus and am new to using MFP. I love using it on my iPhone and iPad, and can track etc during the day at work, gym and generallly running around. he tracking etc works for me.
    I want to lose 10 kilos (22 lbs), that I put on over the last year. I have a busy job and want to work out this year how to keep myself healthy and fit whilst I stay on top of my work.
    I am trying to work out x3 times per week at the gym for 30 minutes.
    I do Yoga also, but often miss it because of my work schedule, though it has such a beneficial effect on my mental well-being.

That's me-- would love to be a supporter, group member, of this little group.

Should we post once a week? Add each other as friends? How do you think it should work?
    Maree