When do you/did you take down your Christmas decorations?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I started last week and am finishing up today! I love to put them up, but taking them down is such a huge pain in the *kitten*!

So when do you take yours down?

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    We are supposed to take them down???
  • Nina1007
    Nina1007 Posts: 150
    Options
    Jan. 2nd. However, I still have a naked Christmas tree standing in my living room. The box is huge and I haven't felt like dealing with bringing it down from the attic. And of course husband has not taken it upon himself to do it. Well I just sound like a whiny, lazy azz female now lol.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Dec. 26th.
  • headoverhills
    Options
    My tree is still up. It's too gorgeous and still too fresh and great-smelling to take it down. Maybe this coming weekend.
  • alvalaurie
    alvalaurie Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think it was the 28th this year. Just depends when i have time. I hate it though; it's so.....plain & un-festive!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    We are supposed to take them down???

LOL! Are you my mother in law???????
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Normally the day after. However, both my wife and I have had some nasty respirator crud this year and while most are down, there are two trees left STILL. Hoping to get them this week as we're both about back to normal.

JM
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    December 26th. I can't look at them a day longer after Christmas.
  • JamieS04
    Options
    Jan 2...but i put them up like Dec 1st :blushing:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    I leave my lites up on da doublewide year round. Why should I have ta redecorate for Christmas in July, right. And when my hot cousin Irene comes over on Friday nighs...they make the old glider real romantic.......
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I put it all up the weekend after Thanksgiving and take it all down New Years Day. Love it, but by New Years Day I am so ready to get that big tree out of the living room! :laugh:
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Last weekend, took me about 10 minutes.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I leave my lites up on da doublewide year round. Why should I have ta redecorate for Christmas in July, right. And when my hot cousin Irene comes over on Friday nighs...they make the old glider real romantic.......

Oh I know you! You're related to Gretchen Wilson, right! :laugh:
  • Countryboy_
    Options

Oh I know you! You're related to Gretchen Wilson, right! :laugh:

Not related to Gretchen, but I have hit it a couple times....
  • Mine are still up...
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I'll be taking them down this coming weekend (Jan 12-13).

Growing up, Santa decorated our tree after all us kids went to bed on Christmas Eve and it stayed up until the end of January. So everything was up the same amoutn of time as everyone else, but just delayed a bit.
  • Fox_n_sox
    Fox_n_sox Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    My parents took them down the day after Christmas. They were going away for 7 days that Thursday and no one was going to be home. The tree was down, the lights everything. Mom & Dad did it in like 1/2 a day. Normally it's after New Years though.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    New Years day
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    We always put them up the weekend after Thanksgiving and take them down on New Year's Day.
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    we take ours down on twelfth night, which is the traditional time to take them down, in fact it is so traditional its older than the US, if you take them down before its bad luck,and if you DON'T take them down then, you are supposed to leave them up all year of its unlucky. I need all the luck I can get, so I stick with tradition lol After all, there are 12 days of Christmas, and even Shakespeare wrote about 12th night