Help with "Butt Bounce" during exercise -no want saggy tush

Options
Okay, I am a busty gal and have to wear two heavy duty sports bras when working out. Having learned that tip, I'm pleased to report, the girls are no longer rebounding and frolicking during my exercise. However, while trying to do more intensive exercises like jumping jacks, jumping rope, butt kicks, etc. I've noticed another issue.... my BUTT is bouncing like a freak. It drives me crazy. I can feel it go up and then crash down and then up again during my workout. It is almost, but not quite, uncomfortable.

But, more concerning... if we need to restrain "the girls" to prevent tissue breakdown and sagging.... what about the tushy? I don't want saggy tushy tissue! *gasp*

I tried wearing "compression shorts" and "compression pants" by Under Armour, but didn't notice any appreciable difference in the back porch swing action I had going on during my workout. So, are there any suggestions for this? Do I need to worry about saggy butt fall out? Tips? Tricks? (okay... and feel free to make funny cracks too... I know they're running through your heads... I don't mind. It is kinda funny. <g>)

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!

^^ this and I will raise you a deadlift also
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I do squats. I have a full kettlebell routine that I do with squats. I also use other free weights and do lunges squats, plie squats, regular squats. That is not the problem.... but thanks for that... as it is good advice for someone who doesn't know.

But, my concern is WHILE I'm doing the CARDIO part of my workout... I'm getting a LOT of bounce back there (until I take off the rest of this excess weight). Do I need to wear something protective like athletic bras for the chest to prevent tissue damage and breakdown? Is that even an issue in the butt like it is in the breasts?
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have no advice other than what's already been said. I just wanted this in my feed b/c it's so full of awesome. :laugh:
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I wish I could, but don't have the equipment for this right now. *sigh*
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Do I need to wear something protective like athletic bras for the chest to prevent tissue damage and breakdown? Is that even an issue in the butt like it is in the breasts?

I'll need to see a video to diagnose this properly
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    352kora.jpg
  • Doberdawn
    Options
    Do I need to wear something protective like athletic bras for the chest to prevent tissue damage and breakdown? Is that even an issue in the butt like it is in the breasts?

I'll need to see a video to diagnose this properly

Yeah, I'll get right on that. LOL
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    As much as I really want to make an inappropriate response, I'm going to refrain.

I also deal with what you call "butt bounce". A lot of women do. Most women carry the majority of their body fat in their lower body (read: butt and thighs). However, no need to worry about "saggy butt". Unlike your breasts, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume your butt doesn't have two sacks of fat hanging from it. The "bounce" is just caused by fat in your bum, and is pretty normal for anyone with an ample rear.

Like I said, I deal with "the bounce", even though my rear is plenty firm and has good muscle tone. There's still fat back there, so I still deal with a bit of a bounce.

I've got a big *kitten*. It happens.

ETA: I do squats like there's no tomorrow. I carry fat in my rear, and only an extreme cut to my BF% is going to change that.
  • Jenny775
    Jenny775 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't necessarily need any equipment to do squats...google it :)
  • KateS211
    KateS211 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that these two problems are not the same. Your butt can fight gravity but your breasts cannot, simply because of the type of tissue they are made of. Your butt is muscle and fat, which you can keep tight with exercise. The breasts are tissue that you cannot tone and that will gradually migrate south as life progresses. Wearing a good sports bra simply helps to slow this migration at little.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    SQUAT!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't necessarily need any equipment to do squats...google it :)
    They're referring to weighted squats, which you do need equipment for.
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    352kora.jpg

Bwahaha!!!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Try compression shorts.
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I think that there's a difference since the tush is made up largely of muscle (especially after all those squats) which don't sag/stretch as much while the breasts are made up of mammary glands and tissues that I think are more fragile. But I'm not a doctor so I may be talking out of my derriere. :)
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that these two problems are not the same. Your butt can fight gravity but your breasts cannot, simply because of the type of tissue they are made of. Your butt is muscle and fat, which you can keep tight with exercise. The breasts are tissue that you cannot tone and that will gradually migrate south as life progresses. Wearing a good sports bra simply helps to slow this migration at little.

Best answer. There's no muscle in your bewbs...
  • ktied
    ktied Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    my butt is jiggling a lot now too. i feel ya. maybe go a size smaller in the compression shorts? I use spandex like bike shorts and they work great. I wear looser fitting pants over top so noone has to look at that.... Also squats and lunges in the meantime as everyone suggested!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Bounce? Like do they clap when bouncing?
  • Angie_Fritts
    Angie_Fritts Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Thank you for asking this question. Glad to know that I am not the only one dealing with this. I hate it. But hey I got junk in the trunk. A lot of junk.
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    If compression shorts don't work (HATE THEM, btw), how about TIGHT yoga pants? I really find the tighter they are, the less bounce there is. Or maybe wear them OVER your shorts? And those squats - they have worked. The bounce does get less bouncy over time.

Now if you can invent a garment for chicken wings!! Ha.